So i took the slayer out

So took the slayer out.

At a 3450 psi full

6 shots go from 310 fpe to 260 fpe shooting 158gr hollow points.

The rifle is accurate , being so light and making ~300 fpe it does have some kick but it's manageable for sure and I need to get better at it.

First group is 6 at 55 , my very first group after zero.

Second group is at 95 and it's 3 shots sub .75 moa.

The rifle is sexy, light, the trigger is amazing best bullpup trigger hands down it's very light and a clean break.

Both groups were shot on ten power through the helos btr.

I can't wait to learn this rifle more

20231117_141908.jpg
20231117_144256.jpg
20231117_145046.jpg
20231117_155631.jpg
20231117_154326.jpg

well I never heard of that brand.. where do you get them? expensive? how many shots per fill and what caliber?? also would be nice to see the other side of the rifle.. did they put the cocking lever by the trigger group or clear in the back.. it's just one reason I don't like the Benjamin bulldog..
now as far as the shooting.. looks great for just getting zero.. looks like you live out in the woods like I do.. nice firewood pile..
now 🤔 how do I say this.. the best thing in the picture is your dog.. looks like a blue heeler.. they are the best.. I've had blue heelers for 30+ years now.. used to run 80 head of cows and my buddy had 100+ and with his dog and mine we always had the dogs do the work.. just had to shut the gate to keep too many cows from getting in each of our stock haulers..
now I have a red/blue heeler, she is great buddy.. but never worked cows.. I always loose her in the woods when I am cutting firewood 🤣🤣 and she is always found laying down either beside me or right behind me but her fir is better than camouflage in the woods.. so I try to remember to put on her orange jacket so I can see her 🤣🤣 but I usually forget..
I didn't know until a few years ago that there were mini ones and toy mini ones..
I got a 1 year old toy mini blue heeler and she is so good.. wants to do everything with me.. especially driving the hydraulic gun, wood and target carrier.. bucket also makes a good gun rest..
would like to know more about your gun..
Mark

IMG_20231030_115614.jpg

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
well I never heard of that brand.. where do you get them? expensive? how many shots per fill and what caliber?? also would be nice to see the other side of the rifle.. did they put the cocking lever by the trigger group or clear in the back.. it's just one reason I don't like the Benjamin bulldog..
now as far as the shooting.. looks great for just getting zero.. looks like you live out in the woods like I do.. nice firewood pile..
now 🤔 how do I say this.. the best thing in the picture is your dog.. looks like a blue heeler.. they are the best.. I've had blue heelers for 30+ years now.. used to run 80 head of cows and my buddy had 100+ and with his dog and mine we always had the dogs do the work.. just had to shut the gate to keep too many cows from getting in each of our stock haulers..
now I have a red/blue heeler, she is great buddy.. but never worked cows.. I always loose her in the woods when I am cutting firewood 🤣🤣 and she is always found laying down either beside me or right behind me but her fir is better than camouflage in the woods.. so I try to remember to put on her orange jacket so I can see her 🤣🤣 but I usually forget..
I didn't know until a few years ago that there were mini ones and toy mini ones..
I got a 1 year old toy mini blue heeler and she is so good.. wants to do everything with me.. especially driving the hydraulic gun, wood and target carrier.. bucket also makes a good gun rest..
would like to know more about your gun..
Mark

View attachment 407279
I am very biased but Australian Cattle Dogs are the best dogs.

As far as the slayer goes, it's an American Air Arms product , same manufacturer who makes the Evol.

Being that this rifle uses a balanced valve and Toms design is different than everyone else's I have testing to do. The rifle will act differently due to the valve design based on fill pressure. I've been advised to increase it hy 100 psi and it should tighten up the spread.

This is a hunting rig. 6 shots (1 magazine) is about what you can comfortably count on for shot count.

Cocking lever is in the back. Here is a picture from my other thread.

20231116_185841.jpg

Pretty expensive gun carrier you have there! The hydraulic one, not the canine😂
I thought it was a bullet trap at first. I had to look at it a few times before realizing it was a front loader.

One of the neighbors came down to get wood and he shoots 22lr competitions, lot of match grade builds in his collection and we were just bsing about shooting. Peri couldn't help herself but to climb all over the machine lol

I have been looking at the Rattler 357. After seeing this post I am rethinking my options.
The advantages of the slayer I see are lighter weight and a removable magazine.
The Rattler looks like it will produce a smidge more power and a higher magazine capacity.
Anyone have an opinion on the triggers?

As far as the trigger goes it is not my Paradigm or mini trigger but it's very close. It feels like a match grade fire arm trigger.

With that said, Tom advised I fill higher fill pressure which will increase power a bit as well.

The slayer weighs the same as an evol tac18, which is LIGHT! SAME weight as an impact compact full of air.

As far as the trigger goes it is not my Paradigm or mini trigger but it's very close. It feels like a match grade fire arm trigger.

With that said, Tom advised I fill higher fill pressure which will increase power a bit as well.

The slayer weighs the same as an evol tac18, which is LIGHT! SAME weight as an impact compact full of air.
I looked at both gun’s weight on line. The slayer is around 2# lighter. That is a LOT!!
I really do not need the semi auto function or the 15 round mag capacity for hunting deer or coyotes.
I need to contact American Air and see how far out they are on Slayer production.
I can have a Rattler Monday morning.

I looked at both gun’s weight on line. The slayer is around 2# lighter. That is a LOT!!
I really do not need the semi auto function or the 15 round mag capacity for hunting deer or coyotes.
I need to contact American Air and see how far out they are on Slayer production.
You're better off searching for a used one unfortunately, that's what I did, I searched long and hars for one

The trigger on anything American Air Arms builds is superb. There's a new Slayer in the works and should be available soon, but I doubt that you will have a Slayer before Monday like you would the Rattler. The Rattler's are nice for what they offer, but they are no Slayer. Here's well over two dozen shots stacking lead on top of lead at 235 yards yesterday with the Slayer. A tight MOA, less the few fliers testing new 156 grain swaged ammo with no setting adjustment needed.

IMG_20231117_173755293~2.jpg

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
The trigger on anything American Air Arms builds is superb. There's a new Slayer in the works and should be available soon, but I doubt that you will have a Slayer before Monday like you would the Rattler. The Rattler's are nice for what they offer, but they are no Slayer. Here's well over two dozen shots stacking lead on top of lead at 235 yards yesterday with the Slayer. A tight MOA, less the few fliers testing new 156 grain swaged ammo with no setting adjustment needed.

View attachment 407440
Well damn me anyways. I was on the AAA website today and ”accidentally“ saw the 452 slayer.
I have a Bushbuck 452 carbine. Wonderfully accurate gun. BUT, the Slayer 452 is it’s equal and more in power, holds more shots, Gets more shots per fill and the weight is almost identical.
Now a decision needs to be made. I have an inquiry into AAA for lead time on the 452 Slayer.
My main use is deer hunting, possibly elk. I know folks kill plenty of deer with smaller bore guns, but I like the power of the 45 And no way I am attempting an elk with a 357. I can sell the Bushbuck and cut my cost of acquisition considerably.

Well damn me anyways. I was on the AAA website today and ”accidentally“ saw the 452 slayer.
I have a Bushbuck 452 carbine. Wonderfully accurate gun. BUT, the Slayer 452 is it’s equal and more in power, holds more shots, Gets more shots per fill and the weight is almost identical.
Now a decision needs to be made. I have an inquiry into AAA for lead time on the 452 Slayer.
My main use is deer hunting, possibly elk. I know folks kill plenty of deer with smaller bore guns, but I like the power of the 45 And no way I am attempting an elk with a 357. I can sell the Bushbuck and cut my cost of acquisition considerably.

Let us know what you get for a reply. The 452 has not been made in a long time. From what I understand , years.

I like your doggo, in many pictures it almost look Photoshopped in, and copied from some photo arts / maybe manga page, very cool :cool:

Pew - pew apparatus also very nice.

Thank you very much sir, she's great , very photogenic!