• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is prohibited in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

SOLD * New AirMaks Krait in .22 cal imported from Krale *Reduced to $1,000 shipped *

Classified Status
SOLD
SOLD within a few minutes of --> Updated with price drop to $1,000 shipped and added more info on 12/5/22 -->

I purchased this .22 cal AirMaks Krait from Krale US as soon as they were released in Europe a couple of months ago. I prefer small light compact PCP carbines as I get older. It came directly from the AirMaks factory with the original regulator and parts and one .22 cal magazine. I've never had a chance to try an FX Impact, which seems somewhat similar in overall form to the Krait. And I wanted a chance to directly compare the new compact side-lever Krait to the more expensive Edgun Leshiy 2, and to a less expensive AEA semi-auto.

The Krait is nicely designed and functional little compact, with a smooth side lever which cycles well. The sound level seems about comparable to a Leshiy2 with 250mm barrel at a similar power level, maybe a bit deeper pitch. I tested a few dozen pellets through it before deciding to sell it. At the original hammer spring tension with which the rifle was received, 16.36gn HN Terminators shot at 845f/s or ~26fpe. Two turns on the hammer spring adjustment raised velocity to 941f/s or ~32.2 fpe. No other adjustments were made, and no instructions came with the rifle explaining how to adjust the regulator pressure. I just shot a few magazines of pellets through it, liked the build but decided again for about the 6th time that I prefer semi-automatic carbines over manual repeaters regardless of cost.

The sale includes the rifle itself, one fill probe with a Foster quick-connect fitting I screwed onto the end, a fill hose with what looks like a scuba(?) tank fitting on one end, one .22 cal magazine, and a 3D printed synthetic single-shot tray I'd ordered separately but have never tried. Plus the foam lined carry case it came in.

The asking price includes shipping within the US for the items shown in the pictures. It will all be very well padded and double boxed. Since this is a new model line it's hard to predict how these will work out in the long run. I didn't run enough pellets through the rifle to check the regulator well and the case didn't include any adjustment instructions. I read somewhere on a different forum that the newly released Katran/Krait magazines might not work correctly in the Krait. The magazine which came with the rifle works fine.

The compact Krait certainly competes well against other more established manufacturers when it to small size and quietude and external adjustments. But mostly side-lever actions just aren't the right fit for me anymore and I don't want another rifle to Mod and work on. The rifle cost me $1,390 a couple of months ago and, because the Krait is a new model in the market, with all the uncertainties that might include, I've decided to drop the price to $1,000 even and leave it there for now to see what happens. I've had a couple of inquiries so far but no solid offers to buy yet.

No counter offers or trades accepted. I can usually get to UPS within three of days of receipt of payment and will post the tracking info for the shipment as soon as I get it myself.

Thanks for looking

Jpiperson2002
Updated 12/5/22

0.jpg

1.jpg

1b.jpg

2.jpg

Airmaks Krait 22 cal Velocity Tests comparing 6 pellets at three hammer spring tensions v2.jpg

Last edited: