• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is prohibited in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

[SOLD] RTI Priest 2 lighter spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed24

Jul 18, 2021
Tucson, Arizona, United States
I just recently purchased a RTI Priest 2 performance in .177 from another member here on the forum, I spent some time with it yesterday and came away with 1 issue. There's not much adjustment in the FPS from the hammer spring adjuster. Its alway shooting hot! Even though I got this gun to try out some slugs I would still like to tune it and shoot pellets if needed. I even removed the extra weight that comes with the performance pkg but still didn't make much difference. To see any drop in FPS I need to have the adjuster screw backed out so much that its sticking way out of the butt pad and is so loose that it can easily be moved with just shouldering the rifle. I figured Id bump the reg up to 150bar to help counter the hammer strike. It did somewhat work but just the slightest turn on the hammer screw adjuster resulted in a high jump in fps. Maybe its the .177 cal not sure? Has anyone tried a lighter spring and if so do you have dimensions of it. I will be reaching out to AOA to see what they recommend. I also pulled the spring and will be searching my local hardware store for a similar size spring I can do some testing with...

Status
Not open for further replies.