• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is prohibited in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Accessories Solid Oak Long Gun Cradle - Brand New (I made it) - $100

Classified Status
NLA

bowwild

Dec 28, 2015
Lawrenceburg, KY
After retirement 2.5 years ago I began repairing and making furniture for my children. I made a couple of oak gun cradles between these family projects. I made these because I grew tired of taking pictures of my air rifles and rimfire rifles laying on the ground, carpet,, floor, and couch.

This is a very sturdy cradle. You can see most of the parts are made of nearly 2" thick oak. The dimensions are 28" long, 9" wide, and about 7" tall. Each of the large vertical parts are bolted in place from the underside. I inserted metal threads in each of these pieces and stainless steel hex bolts are then screwed in from the bottom and counter sunk. Very sturdy and easy to assemble. I've used cow leather for parts where the gun stock will touch the wood. I made the 1 1/4" diameter wood bolt out of oak (soaked in mineral oil) and threaded the bolt stand.

This is a very adjustable cradle. While most commercial cradles have some type of adjustment to pin the butt stock to the stock support mine also has a double set of rails the grip support slides upon. This allows the cradle to be adjusted to fit many different long gun configurations.

The entire cradle is finished in boiled linseed oil and I have put squares of velcro loop on the bottom corners. This cradle weights 16 pounds so It isn't going to be shaken no matter the firearm placed in it.

I only made four of these. I'm keeping one, I've sold two and this is the third.

I will send it dismantled with simple instructions for attaching the parts to the cradle.

Please add $30 for shipping. If you like PayPal so do I, but USPS money order is fine as well.

Thanks

Whoops, I didn't know the title tag I assigned to my pictures showed on the pictures. That "close up of the butt" is quite a bit misleading!:cool:
Gun Cradle Full Front.jpg
Gun Cradle Close Up of Butt .jpg

Gun Cradle- Close Up Slides.jpg

Last edited: