Western Airguns Solved !! ……. First big problem with sidewinder .25 Cal.

This is bad news. Just when I'm looking to buy a .25 or .30. I hope its quickly back to you. What ammo were you using?
JSB 34 grain……

I suppose that one pellet in that magazine was a little bit slimmer….. But really do not know.

In order to avoid the rifle to fail I did never use it in full auto mode….. Machines fail eventually !

When I was young I use to shoot a lot with shotgun. Even on geese hunting I always used an over an under shotgun because I knew that the semi automatic shotguns use to fail. Apparently nothing has changed in that respect in 42 years …..

Last edited:
Reactions: RM.510bigbore
JSB 34 grain……

I suppose that one pellet in that magazine were a little bit slimmer….. But really do not know.

In order to avoid the rifle to fail I did never use it in full auto mode….. Machines fail eventually !

When I was young I use to shoot a lot with shotgun. Even on geese hunting I always used an over an under shotgun because I knew that the semi automatic shotguns use to fail. Apparently nothing has changed in that respect in 42 years …..
wow i use to quail and i have use the brownings and the remingtons and never even seen one fail? and we shot a LOT!!
what kind of auto shotgun was you using?
i mean anything can where out butfor what these new PCP guns cost the should last a lifetime with nothing more then maitanance.
i do expect seal failing thats the nating but even that shouldnot be so comon on welll made guns.

wow i use to quail and i have use the brownings and the remingtons and never even seen one fail? and we shot a LOT!!
what kind of auto shotgun was you using?
i mean anything can where out butfor what these new PCP guns cost the should last a lifetime with nothing more then maitanance.
i do expect seal failing thats the nating but even that shouldnot be so comon on welll made guns.
Those shotguns were Remington 1100 model….. And my father had a Breda that was heavier than all family sins !

Last edited:
Reactions: pan60
I just receive the notice that they changed the broken piece (defective iron) and that I should receive my Sidewinder.25 next week perfectly functional and new piece covered by guarantee.

They already tested the rifle to be working perfectly. They have more pieces of the broken one that apparently might be weaken at the time of machine them.

Here it is the picture of broken piece that can be changed in a minute (they told me).

60a4524d-cf0e-43ad-b70d-c960b11d88d4.jpeg

Last edited:
Can't help it, I hear "semi-auto" & the 1st thing that comes to mind is "problems". I'll stick with old tech, low tech DEPENDABLE guns. Sorry for your troubles. I know you really like that gun.
My experience with the Sidewinders is still from short term.

Time will tell if the cause or not more problems.

For real hunting I always take with me at least two appropriate rifles….. Just in case….