Hatsan (SOLVED) Massive issue with Hatsan Sortie (please help)

Hello guys,

So today i finally got my Hatsan Sortie to fire, i fired about 50 rounds and it started skipping a few shot's. Now here is where the problems began, i put some gun lube on the action and then ofcourse ran the action (without firing). However, i forgot that i left the magazine in the gun and it pulled back each time and ready'd a new round. I did this pretty fast and after about 7 times (or 7 rounds shoved in the barrel) i realised that i made a huge mistake. Now there are 9 rounds in the chamber/barrel and the mag is empty so the bolt will now no longer go all the way forward, i can't take out the mag because the is a round stuck in between the chamber and the magazine and the gun is filled with air so i also can't take it apart because ut will probably blow up.

Now i am very technically inclined so i know my way around small parts and such but my brain can't think of any solutions for this problem, for reference this is what i have tought of already and also why i think this won't work:

Taking apart the magazine: won't work because the mag screw doesn't have enough space to come out and the the 2 plates also don't have space to separate.

Ramming the rounds further down the barrel and then later pushing them out after i remove the magazine: this doesn't work because the magazine is like i said empty, wich means that the follower is blocking the bolt from going all the way through, and no I can't wind up the mag because the back plate of the gun blocks it.

Disassembling the gun: like i said I can't disassemble the gun because it is filled with a little under 3000PSI, so taking it apart will like cause it to explode and cause me to get a trip to the ER because of the now frag grenade that blew up in my face.

If any of you have any Ideas that won't cause me to die please let me know.

(Edit notes: So u fixed it, I don't know how wich makes it worse but i started turning some screws and doing some stuff then i pulled the bolt back and then te mag just fell out, I don't know how i did it but i did)

Last edited:
They never did get the problems "sortied" out with these guns. The blowback works good on the invader and blitz, but the shroud length is just too short for the sortie to function properly. Very sensitive to air pressure on them too.

Best bet is to just pull the bolt back into lock, and hammer the magazine out the side with a dowel. Worst case it might crack the mag, but should just shear the lead pellets off. Then tap them out the barrel from the muzzle side with a wooden dowel.

Hello guys,

So today i finally got my Hatsan Sortie to fire, i fired about 50 rounds and it started skipping a few shot's. Now here is where the problems began, i put some gun lube on the action and then ofcourse ran the action (without firing). However, i forgot that i left the magazine in the gun and it pulled back each time and ready'd a new round. I did this pretty fast and after about 7 times (or 7 rounds shoved in the barrel) i realised that i made a huge mistake. Now there are 9 rounds in the chamber/barrel and the mag is empty so the bolt will now no longer go all the way forward, i can't take out the mag because the is a round stuck in between the chamber and the magazine and the gun is filled with air so i also can't take it apart because ut will probably blow up.

Now i am very technically inclined so i know my way around small parts and such but my brain can't think of any solutions for this problem, for reference this is what i have tought of already and also why i think this won't work:

Taking apart the magazine: won't work because the mag screw doesn't have enough space to come out and the the 2 plates also don't have space to separate.

Ramming the rounds further down the barrel and then later pushing them out after i remove the magazine: this doesn't work because the magazine is like i said empty, wich means that the follower is blocking the bolt from going all the way through, and no I can't wind up the mag because the back plate of the gun blocks it.

Disassembling the gun: like i said I can't disassemble the gun because it is filled with a little under 3000PSI, so taking it apart will like cause it to explode and cause me to get a trip to the ER because of the now frag grenade that blew up in my face.

If any of you have any Ideas that won't cause me to die please let me know.
Slowly turn gauge air will leak out very slow

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Hey, just a little tip...the Sortie air tank can be removed without needing to de-gas it. There are a few grub screws under the trigger that hold it in place. Loosen/remove those screws, and the air tank slides right out.

Hope this helps.

IMG_5863.jpg

IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg