• *The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Someone to cut and rethread Barrel and Shroud?

looking to have my rex barrel cut and shroud cut and rethreaded. is there any one able to help me out? being an unchoked slug shooter would there be much involved in cutting the barrel? dont know what the rex crowns look like but never have recrowned a barrel anyway.

rex cut.jpg

Hmm..!
Um, yeah, details matter !!!

That would be RMP Airguns .
NOT, RMPA airguns.

Mike
Thanks for the catch. I bought the Rocky Mountain Precision Airgun Trigger for the AF line and it is fantastic! I know that he does a lot of gunsmithing with airguns. Rick is a great guy to deal with and talk to if you get a chance, on top of the business side of things. I'm pretty sure he has a profile here but he can also be reached at his website as well as his Instagram:

-Atlas

Reactions: Hoffman9517
looking to have my rex barrel cut and shroud cut and rethreaded. is there any one able to help me out? being an unchoked slug shooter would there be much involved in cutting the barrel? dont know what the rex crowns look like but never have recrowned a barrel anyway.

View attachment 285994
I can do it. I've made barrels for the pistol version of that platform with the TJ's barrel liner. .45 was the caliber. Performed really well from what was reported. Came to me shooting 250gr at 510fps and went back shooting 330 at 525fps. Added 4" in length IIRC. Cut the lead to have about .01" of jump to the lands but close concentric fit. The guy is from Boston area and take yokes with it in his spare time.

Reactions: Hoffman9517