• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sorting pellets by viewing

Hello.jpg

Hello

Unfortunately I've had some problems with my hand for a long time. The pellet testing device (old version) is sold out. I've been able to work again for a few days now. I'll be bringing a new (improved) model onto the market in about two months. The new model is available with different sleeves and is suitable for pellets in caliber .177, .22, and .25.
Please be patient.
NoLimits

Reactions: Ezana4CE
View attachment 470775

Hello

Unfortunately I've had some problems with my hand for a long time. The pellet testing device (old version) is sold out. I've been able to work again for a few days now. I'll be bringing a new (improved) model onto the market in about two months. The new model is available with different sleeves and is suitable for pellets in caliber .177, .22, and .25.
Please be patient.
NoLimits
Well that certainly looks uncomfortable. I hope you recover well.
Kenny

View attachment 470775

Hello

Please be patient.
NoLimits
lol. I had that in my early years when I thought I could break a telephone pole. It didn’t work and the Dr. manually reset it.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Stupid question if I may? The pellets/projectiles that are obviously not concentric what is the cause of this? Is the die, mold or machine out of spec? Does the quality or raw material used to produce a pellet have anything to do with concentrisity? Do manufacturers even use lot numbers any more or is lot numbers more of a pb thing? I’m not a competitive shooter but the example being shown are eye opening.
Inconsistent raw material will certainly cause errors because production swaging tools are not perfect and have flexibility and clearances and I'm sure that material of uneven hardness will result in an uneven shape.

The speed of the machine, wear condition of the swaging die faces, cleanliness of the parts, consistency of lubrication, etc all play a role. Then there are the dies - each machine is a little different and if the dies are significantly different and they mix the output of those dies into tins, can seriously affect consistency.

I myself am deeply curious about JSB, as their pellets were geometrically excellent some years ago and while they were often damaged in transit, the undamaged ones were very very good. Nowadays I see significant unevenness in perfectly undamaged pellets. I suspect it's a combination of all of the factors and they are doing the best that they can while making their owners happy.

Hello,
thank you for your interest.
Today I would like to go a little step further.
(I will show you my test machine a little later. Have a little patience.)

First, I would like to show you a real example of a pellet with a slanted rear end. This does not happen often, but even with premium pellets this defect can be slightly present.

View attachment 164374

The rear end is slanted and wobbles.

View attachment 164380

View attachment 164385

In my other test machine, the pellet is skewed and the axle wobbles.

View attachment 164393

View attachment 164400

View attachment 164410

Finally, an illustration to think forward and backward.

View attachment 164414

Now it's weekend, I'll get back to you soon.

NoLimits
The top pictures look like most of my Crossman HP's! lol