Sprained my wallet

WHAT?!? 😲

You're not shooting enough, delooper!!!

(Or you're 90 years old....)

Matthias 😉

I've got four air-tight sealed oil drums full of pellets and slugs.

They're not easy to open. I don't know how to move them without emptying them.

I'd have to shoot an awful lot to finish just one of them.

I'm now collecting powderburning ammunition. I made my first ammunition safe, earlier this summer. It's about the size of two oil drums, but made of stainless steel and panzerholz. I put retractable wheels on it, so if you know how to unlock the wheels you can at least roll it around a bit. But it's too heavy for anything but a forklift to lift.

• Love
Reactions: JungleShooter
I've got four air-tight sealed oil drums full of pellets and slugs.

They're not easy to open. I don't know how to move them without emptying them.

I'd have to shoot an awful lot to finish just one of them.

I'm now collecting powderburning ammunition. I made my first ammunition safe, earlier this summer. It's about the size of two oil drums, but made of stainless steel and panzerholz. I put retractable wheels on it, so if you know how to unlock the wheels you can at least roll it around a bit. But it's too heavy for anything but a forklift to lift.

I just love to hear about the outrageous excesses many of us fall into...!! 😍

That is truly spectacular, delooper! 🤦🏻‍♂️

What's next? A barrel set in all the calibers for each gun you own? A hand grenade stash? A triple wide garage for a couple of tanks?
Keep us updated.

Matthias

PS:
PM me your location. I'd like to stay with you for wshtf.

I just love to hear about the outrageous excesses many of us fall into...!! 😍

That is truly spectacular, delooper! 🤦🏻‍♂️

What's next? A barrel set in all the calibers for each gun you own? A hand grenade stash? A triple wide garage for a couple of tanks?
Keep us updated.

Matthias

PS:
PM me your location. I'd like to stay with you for wshtf.

Currently I'm on Vancouver Island, Canada. But I've been offered a nice job in Ukraine -- teaching kids to make new types of killer drones!

Negotiating the conditions now. Non-citizens are not allowed to possess guns, so I'm trying to negotiate citizenship or get an exception to the law. Not sure if I'll take the job, but I'd like to. I'm ready for a new adventure. Ethnically I'm half-Ukrainian already, but my family has been out of the country for the past 121 years. :)

Right now my ammo safe is divided into a large number of 50cal airtight ammo boxes. About half of the safe is 12ga, a quarter in 6.5cm and the last quarter in .44mag. I'll probably make a 2nd ammo safe, but I won't be able to afford to fill it for a while.

No - it doesn't. You are not factoring in the cost of lead. You are not factoring in the cost of your time. You are not factoring in that you've said one, and only one, pellet works in your rifle - how long do you think it'll take to cast/swage a pellet that works in your rifle? What if you need to buy multiple dies to find the right one?
Who said anything about the cost of lead... Lead is currenlty £1.02 per Kilo, so I don't think it would break the bank that much.