Sprained my wallet

Just went to buy some pellets.

My HW100 only shoots pin point with Air Arms Diabolo Field, the .177 sized to 4.52mm

My HW57 only shoots straight with RWS Field Line .177

Last time I purchased any pellets, I paid £28 ish for 2 tins of AA and one tin of RWS...

... today I paid £38.48 for exactly the same order.

Thats around a 40% price increase.

Anyone know where you can get online (UK) air gun pellets because at those prices, its going to be cheaper to buy a swage and press my own.

Swaging pellets is definitely not cheaper - it take 4 hours to make a tin worth of pellets, and over $1k of initial investment.
IDK.

In the US your cost for things is cheap compared to the UK, so your little return for $1,000 investment to me might be a reasonable proposition.

Us .177 tin of 500 pellets. (a quick look up) $10.92 (and I figure taxes ont top say 6.5% which makes it $11.62
Uk .177 tin of 500 pellets. (a recent purchase) £14.99 (all taxes are rolled up in the price you see is the price you pay)

So the rate is currently (at time of writing $1.31 to £1.00, so $11.62 in £UK = £8.83
or... £14.95 in USD = $19.63

So if it is a $1,000 investment, it means that payback occurs on your 87th tin or in UK $$$$$ payback on 51st tin.

So I am really interested in being in a position to make my own pellets.

So anyone from the UK know where I can get a swage kit from, i'm all ears...

Remember where I said it takes an hour to make 100 pellets. Ignoring equipment costs you’re paying yourself less than $4/hour to make 500.

It is vastly cheaper and easier to get a part time job at the sporting goods store. Employee discount and spending money.

At the moment I’m not aware of anyone making pellet swaging kits since Thor vanished. Plenty of slug dies but no pellet dies.

Remember where I said it takes an hour to make 100 pellets. Ignoring equipment costs you’re paying yourself less than $4/hour to make 500.

It is vastly cheaper and easier to get a part time job at the sporting goods store. Employee discount and spending money.

At the moment I’m not aware of anyone making pellet swaging kits since Thor vanished. Plenty of slug dies but no pellet dies.
Oh, I won't be paying myself, I will be doing it out of love and commitment.

Meanwhile in the US...

toajirbx7u3a1 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Just went to buy some pellets.

My HW100 only shoots pin point with Air Arms Diabolo Field, the .177 sized to 4.52mm

My HW57 only shoots straight with RWS Field Line .177

Last time I purchased any pellets, I paid £28 ish for 2 tins of AA and one tin of RWS...

... today I paid £38.48 for exactly the same order.

Thats around a 40% price increase.

Anyone know where you can get online (UK) air gun pellets because at those prices, its going to be cheaper to buy a swage and press my own.
your price would be $15 .+ our price is $ 16.+ , just aquick check one vender plus shipping .
Air Arms Diabolo Field, the .177 , 4.52
Also you can go to a shop ? so no shipping , the nearest shop to me is 5.5 hours drive @ 112.+ KMH ( 70 mph here ) J7ust trying to make your cost a bit easier to swallow is all , feel better ? hope so .

Last edited:
Reactions: Stubbers
There are private hospitals in the UK, not all hospitals are government run.

I am not versed on UK or their medical system, just posted a meme and made sure to clarify "In the US", because our medical system often sprains our wallets. I apologize if you took it otherwise.

-Matt

Reactions: dgeesaman
I bought my supply of pellets 5 years ago. Likely it'll last me the rest of my life. Prices? What prices?

You mean to tell me you don't shoot 500 pellets a day every day requiring a healthy supply of 182,500 pellets annually? Well aren't you the minority here! (/s for sarcasm). Hopefully this light jab doesn't offend those that do go through lead like a whale does plankton. :ROFLMAO:

-Matt

So if it is a $1,000 investment, it means that payback occurs on your 87th tin or in UK $$$$$ payback on 51st tin.
No - it doesn't. You are not factoring in the cost of lead. You are not factoring in the cost of your time. You are not factoring in that you've said one, and only one, pellet works in your rifle - how long do you think it'll take to cast/swage a pellet that works in your rifle? What if you need to buy multiple dies to find the right one?

You mean to tell me you don't shoot 500 pellets a day every day requiring a healthy supply of 182,500 pellets annually? Well aren't you the minority here! (/s for sarcasm). Hopefully this light jab doesn't offend those that do go through lead like a whale does plankton. :ROFLMAO:

-Matt

I occasionally shoot to site-in an aiming device. But the majority of my shots are "in anger" eliminating pests on my property. Right now there's not many pests, so shots are relatively infrequent. The price of success is low ammunition costs, I suppose.