DAR Standard riflescope on a PCP

Can I or should I use a standard rifle scope on a PCP? I have not found a direct answer in search but then again I am a low-tech redneck. Looking at a DAR Gen 3.
Pcp you don't need a special scope like you do with spring guns.

But i would make sure the gun can be focused close enough. Many rimfire scopes have a set focus and paralax at like 50-100 yds.

Can I or should I use a standard rifle scope on a PCP? I have not found a direct answer in search but then again I am a low-tech redneck. Looking at a DAR Gen 3.
Apparently now you can use a rifle scope on a brake barrel.

For sure you can use any expensive rifle scope on a PCP. You should have same care as if it would be mountes on a firearm (try no to make it fall by a clif).

Last edited:
I have seen socopes to be broken by brake barrels.
So have I but they've all been cheap Walmart specials. I've got Hawkes, Athlons, Vortex, Burris, and one Leupold on most of my springers. No issues except for with the one Hawke Sidewinder which was specifically advertised as springer rated. Hawke took care of it quick and painlessly though and no problem since. One Athlon has been on a 350 Magnum, a 23fpe D56 scope killer extraordinaire, and now sits on a power tuned HW80. It refuses to die.

Like I said, I think that its just overstated and really isn't as big of a deal as it once was. Scopes seem to have gotten much better over the years.

So have I but they've all been cheap Walmart specials. I've got Hawkes, Athlons, Vortex, Burris, and one Leupold on most of my springers. No issues except for with the one Hawke Sidewinder which was specifically advertised as springer rated. Hawke took care of it quick and painlessly though and no problem since. One Athlon has been on a 350 Magnum, a 23fpe D56 scope killer extraordinaire, and now sits on a power tuned HW80. It refuses to die.

Like I said, I think that its just overstated and really isn't as big of a deal as it once was. Scopes seem to have gotten much better over the years.
You ought to be right.

Many years have passed since I used brake barrels.

I got a 50 dollar Simmons 22 mag scope on Amazon. I'm shooting 1 inch groups at forty yards. I bought it because it vary light. it's actually clearer than the helix that isn't clear and heavy. I'm taking this thing hunting it likes jsb monsters now.
1695956617215559895576036751611.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely. This is a Tract rimfire scope. I put it on my guns for squirrel season because its parallax is set perfect for squirrel distances. Got tired of the parallax wheel thing. It’s also lighter than feather. Just get tired of lugging around a scope with an airgun attached to it? Definitely look at all the scopes out there. Not just the ones the airgun industry promotes.

IMG_5062.jpeg

Absolutely. This is a Tract rimfire scope. I put it on my guns for squirrel season because its parallax is set perfect for squirrel distances. Got tired of the parallax wheel thing. It’s also lighter than feather. Just get tired of lugging around a scope with an airgun attached to it? Definitely look at all the scopes out there. Not just the ones the airgun industry promotes.

View attachment 392655
Chad from american airgunner/airgun advisor has been liking the tract optics. Hes been looking at a models for hft and been talking with them for ones better suited for it.