Steyr Steyr lp50 or Huben gk1

Based on my experience, I would say that the GK1, in 22 shooting GTOs is as accurate as any target pistol I have shot. Again, in my experience, moving to lead pellets and more so with slugs, groups open up. I know the GTOs are not everyone’s choice because they are lightweight and expensive, but for plinking and target shooting, they are the king in accuracy and the GK will shoot them with a sub 10fps extreme spread from 320bar to 180 bar, which gives around 32 shots at 890fps/20fpe. Others that have tried them have concurred with my observations. I am currently using a 2moa Holosun red dot and the GTOs are accurate enough that I set my point of aim at the top of the dot to shoot silos at 50y from a bag. In other words, a 2moa dot is not precise enough for this combo!

hi folks,
I'm debating between the GK1 and the LP50, should I expect the same accuracy as the LP50 on the GK1? this would be exclusively for target shooting.
thanks !
Well...seems you answered your own question !

As Long_Gun_Dallas sort of said...
You used the words..."target shooting".
The LP50 / LP50 Compact are designed and built as..."target Shooters " ! The Hubin is not.
While the Hubin is a nice shooter, accurate, easy to shoot, the Steyr, is made to shoot targets. A much better trigger, a little easier to aim, lighter.
And yes. I do have a Steyr HP50 Compact, and the new Hubin, so yes, I can...compare the two.

Both are semi-automatic shooters, but the Steyr is only a 5 shot.

Mike

Based on my experience, I would say that the GK1, in 22 shooting GTOs is as accurate as any target pistol I have shot. Again, in my experience, moving to lead pellets and more so with slugs, groups open up. I know the GTOs are not everyone’s choice because they are lightweight and expensive, but for plinking and target shooting, they are the king in accuracy and the GK will shoot them with a sub 10fps extreme spread from 320bar to 180 bar, which gives around 32 shots at 890fps/20fpe. Others that have tried them have concurred with my observations. I am currently using a 2moa Holosun red dot and the GTOs are accurate enough that I set my point of aim at the top of the dot to shoot silos at 50y from a bag. In other words, a 2moa dot is not precise enough for this combo!
what does GTO means in terms of classification ?
true the GK1 might be more versatile than the LP50 since I won't actually be doing competitions

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Well...seems you answered your own question !

As Long_Gun_Dallas sort of said...
You used the words..."target shooting".
The LP50 / LP50 Compact are designed and built as..."target Shooters " ! The Hubin is not.
While the Hubin is a nice shooter, accurate, easy to shoot, the Steyr, is made to shoot targets. A much better trigger, a little easier to aim, lighter.
And yes. I do have a Steyr HP50 Compact, and the new Hubin, so yes, I can...compare the two.

Both are semi-automatic shooters, but the Steyr is only a 5 shot.

Mike
what makes the Steyr easier to aim ? the sights or the weight of the gun itself?