Steyr Steyr LP50

A little while back I purchased a second hand Steyr LP50 Compact from a member here. I have to say it was one of the best purchases I have made. This little pistol shoots amazing. If you are unfamiliar with this model, it is a five shot PCP semi-automatic bullseye/target pistol in 177th, . I have been using it to practice for Powder burner bulls eye matches. I am really thrilled with it. It shoots amazing. I have shot it at 10meter matches and have recently started shoot 6 yard postal matches with so folks over in the UK.
If you like to shoot pistol and have a chance to try one before you buy one, do it. It shoots cheap 177 wad cutters and well as match ammo.
Hope everyone has a very happy and safe 4th of July.

LP50 Compact.jpg

it appears that you have some Maple Custom Mags
on a UK forum they were bought up and for the most part the members said they would not work and BAH-BAH-BAH so i contacted the owner and he stepped in and made his own post
my question as an owned, what you think of the Mags, the price is right and they seemed to have been manufactured and tested to a high degree

it appears that you have some Maple Custom Mags
on a UK forum they were bought up and for the most part the members said they would not work and BAH-BAH-BAH so i contacted the owner and he stepped in and made his own post
my question as an owned, what you think of the Mags, the price is right and they seemed to have been manufactured and tested to a high degree
I love them. They have functioned flawlessly for me. I have shot 500 pellets out of the combined 10 stick magazines, and not one hiccup. I saw that post on the UK forum and commented as well, I came to Maple Custom Products defense as well. It was BS, they never gave the guy a chance. I have had a few emails with him, and he is a great guy, with all of his research spot on. I plan on purchasing 5 more - 5 round sticks and 4 more singles. They are well worth the money.

Reactions: Bandito
A little while back I purchased a second hand Steyr LP50 Compact from a member here. I have to say it was one of the best purchases I have made. This little pistol shoots amazing. If you are unfamiliar with this model, it is a five shot PCP semi-automatic bullseye/target pistol in 177th, . I have been using it to practice for Powder burner bulls eye matches. I am really thrilled with it. It shoots amazing. I have shot it at 10meter matches and have recently started shoot 6 yard postal matches with so folks over in the UK.
If you like to shoot pistol and have a chance to try one before you buy one, do it. It shoots cheap 177 wad cutters and well as match ammo.
Hope everyone has a very happy and safe 4th of July.

View attachment 476959
Nice grips

Recently got my LP50 Rapid Fire. I went for the 7,5 joule version. Not as powerful as the HP-version of course, but it gives around 80 shots pr fill (or double up with the extra cylinder that came with it). As you all mention, it is a very precise and well built pistol, and I like it a lot.
And a joy to swap between iron sights, red dot, or a pistol scope (here a BSA 2-7 x 28). I seldom shoot one handed, so I consider customize a grip that is a bit more "rest shooting friendly".

IMG_1461.jpeg

IMG_1463.jpeg

IMG_1460.jpeg

I bought my first Steyr in the second half of the '90s, a LP5. It's still going strong. Very reliable pistols. :) (y)
I had to send mine off to Pilkington for a full rebuild and then bought a new cylinder also because the old ones leaked air. But hey its gotta be 25 years old and O rings don't last forever.

I had to send mine off to Pilkington for a full rebuild and then bought a new cylinder also because the old ones leaked air. But hey its gotta be 25 years old and O rings don't last forever.
Yes, o-rings need to be changed from time to time, but that's normal wear and tear. Except from that, Steyr pistols usually don't need much attention. I put a drop of silicone oil at the tip of the regulator every 500 pellet. But that's about it. 👍

Reactions: steve123