Sticker shock

Yeah that's partially why I parted with my 30 cal. 30 has a lot of thwack for hunting though. Does it kill better/faster than 25 - ? I'm not sure.
Depends on what your trying to kill and what airgun your trying to kill it with. What my FX Maverick VP .30cal provides me is it opens up the vitals as viable kill shots even at +80 yard distances on groundhogs.

Reactions: steve123
Based on what I have in stock, the 25 cal 34 gn mk2s are likely the best choice for 100 yd in anything I've ever shot. I really liked the 22 MRD's the most up to 2019 but quality issues and form changes messed that up...

I do not have any AEA or JTS or any current JSB offerings so can't personally testify on those.

The other aspect of 22 vs 25 was the max of 22 cal in the 50 yd events combined with the One Gun Challenge prizes.

My RW w 25 cal 6b would only reach somewhere around 220 yds with the Mk2s and still be stable. Same rifle with 1 in 17, 22 barrel and MRD's could reach out over 300 and still be stable with the 2019 and earlier batches. More recent MRD's I've tested are unstable by 200 in the same barrel... so that's just further testiment to the poor changes in them...

Probably most of all, the rifle is MUCH easier to shoot accurately w the 22s than 25s and even moreso than the 30... the amount of air, noise, jolting, and expense are just too much for me to want it. I don't NEED the power or feeling of power that way...

Bob

yep, when the price for the KO's for my U1 from pyramyd doubled, i had a bullet mold for
my 30/30 contender handgun to try and the cast bullets from that has been doing very well.
and yes i have the correct sizer die too......
waiting for a good night for a hog hunt and try them out..... 🧑‍🌾
And you can pick up lead from the range for free , or at least i can at my range . If i was diligent i could melt and sell it .

Reactions: IndyDurtdigger