Sub-MOA Barrels

So far for a leshiy 2 its $550 so possibly a ballpark for other guns. Debating picking one up to try it.
I think I could take that. Seeing that a delta wolf barrel is more expensive (yes I know it comes with a chronograph in it) the delta barrels has no guarantees and wont do slugs well in barrels other than the 177. So you still have to keep buying barrels until you find one that works.

Although I would like to try a better barrel in the delta wolf I also want to shoot ELR. I don't think the delta wolf has the power to do that.

I would probably do a impact or one of the panthera variants. I like to find a airgun that can load long large slugs (higher bc?) and from a mag.

Allen

Yeah, unless you‘re a competition shooter - it would be a luxury you probably don’t need.

Then again there’s many Porsche drivers who don’t use the cars potential -> but enjoy curbside appeal.
Let's not forget about the Jeep Rubicon mall crawlers. :) I saw one parked on a curb onetime.

Yeah, unless you‘re a competition shooter - it would be a luxury you probably don’t need.

Then again there’s many Porsche drivers who don’t use the cars potential -> but enjoy curbside appeal.

Im not a competition shooter its just me against myself constantly challenging myself for better. Porsche makes a large amount of lower end street cars. I've had 5 over the years a still have one with over 250k miles on it.

Sure my impact can shoot sub moa at 100 and moa at 200, but if I can do that at 3 and 400 yards consistently with one of these barrels, I would do that, than gamble with buying another air rifle that promises to hit something 300 yards occasionally.

Allen

Im not a competition shooter its just me against myself constantly challenging myself for better. Porsche makes a large amount of lower end street cars. I've had 5 over the years a still have one with over 250k miles on it.

Sure my impact can shoot sub moa at 100 and moa at 200, but if I can do that at 3 and 400 yards consistently with one of these barrels, I would do that, than gamble with buying another air rifle that promises to hit something 300 yards occasionally.

Allen
Hey Allen,
If I was that into long range shooting and getting MOA at 200 - I’d want one too👍🙂🚀.

Right now, happy to shoot MOA at 100 yards with pellets. My RAW LRT’s keep me on my toes. If I got one of the barrels mentioned, I’d have to turn it down on my lathe to 5/8” to fit into my he receiver. For me, I just need to talk to the “Big Guy” and have him turn off the wind💥.

Yup, wind does have a effect on shooting. And it's almost always there to some sort of degree. One of the major reasons I like shooting slugs rather than pellets. When I shoot slugs and wind is involved my impacts generally still stay on paper unless the wind is pretty substantial. I cannot say the same with pellets. They won't even hit paper at times. High bc slugs are better for long range. But high bc slugs tend to be heavier, and heavier slugs generally require higher spin rates. Thus something like 1:16 or faster for 25 cal with weights above 50 grains. But I dunno if fx has enough demand for long range shooting high bc slugs. At the same time a impact maynot be powerful enough in lower calibers to fire something like a heavy 22 slug with a higher spin rate. Although I'm not as familiar with what is necessary to shoot a high bc slug, what I have for a barrel can be improved upon for a bench gun.

Allen

Last edited: