Suppressors and Semis

Long Gun- Could you tell me the mods you made on your Hatsan to get it to work with the suppressor on it? I have a Hatsan Galatian that works fine but will not cycle the bolt with an ldc on it. I asked DonnyFL & he said he couldn't get any semi auto Hatsans to work with his suppressors on them. I noticed the hole in the end cap is 1/2 in. If the air can't escape the shroud then the piston can't move forward enough to pull the bolt back to pick up the next pellet.

Long Gun- Could you tell me the mods you made on your Hatsan to get it to work with the suppressor on it? I have a Hatsan Galatian that works fine but will not cycle the bolt with an ldc on it. I asked DonnyFL & he said he couldn't get any semi auto Hatsans to work with his suppressors on them. I noticed the hole in the end cap is 1/2 in. If the air can't escape the shroud then the piston can't move forward enough to pull the bolt back to pick up the next pellet.

1593183812_4799276845ef60e44b65423.75149426.jpg
1593183812_16967207685ef60e44dfb574.40029790.jpg
1593183813_15569236065ef60e45075a32.26713674.jpg
new barrel bushing fits very snugly Inside shroud, not loose (traps more pressure to act on piston, also quieter since my shroud has vent holes) . You can see the original bushing on the work mat. I tried cutting an oring seat, but the oring would rub on the rod the piston actuated, slowing it....

Polished action. Heavy porting on mod adapter. Ported side of moderator body, and vent shroud thru the side of moderator. Muzzle blast is channeled straight thru moderator. First baffle opened significantly to provide expansion volume... Delay back pressure. Restrictor fitted in gas piston forward of muzzle

Pat585 have you tried different brands of LDCs such as HW or Huggett for example? If you have a nearby shooting buddy I would suggest you try either one of these brands if Donny had already stated that it is a moot point using his brand. If not then I would buy the HW LDC if I were a gambling person and sell that Donny since that relationship was doomed to begin with.

Thanks for the replies Long Gun & Why-- Long Gun i understand what you did, but for someone just using hand tools like me it's just too much work. Looks like it was a lot of work & trial & error. Glad you achieved your goal. Why- I do have HW, Hugget, Donny, Huma, Hill & a neil clague. I tried them all with the same results. What Long Gun did seems like the only way to not affect the pressure in the shroud & still get the piston to operate like it should? I should mention that Neil Clague said he would take on the project but couldn't quote a price as he wasn't sure of the hours involved. I'm hoping the new Crosman semi- auto will make me forget about this Hatsan

No problem. It did take a considerable amount of time making improvements here and there. The real breakthru came trying something I knew wouldn't work, but did show me that the muzzle blast was coming out of the gun in a column, completely avoiding the 4 outer ports I had punched in the moderator adapter. Leading to other modifications.... 

I only use hand tools, dremel, drill, ect. I had a friend turn the barrel bushing for me, however... There were other small tweaks and modifications I didn't list. Too much work for sure, but I wanted what I wanted. And got there.