Gamo Swarm Whisper

I’m thinking of polishing my Gamo barrel with valve lapping compound, Flitz, and or JB bore bright. Should I use a brush or mop?
Did your groups improve after polishing? Can I hurt my barrel?
I’ve never done anything more than using cleaning pellets. I think your ideas might hurt the barrel. I don’t think the rifleing in the barrel are that deep, there fore possible damage. Lots of practice make good groups😉

I used fine steel wool well oiled and pulled it breech to muzzle to " polish" it up . That's about as fancy I get if I think the barrel is rough or hard cleaning also oiled Scotch Brite

A pic showing each steel wool and scotch Brite "patch"

patchworm.jpg

Not recommending cause it's a do as you feel best at own risk thing in the end .. you can't get careless ..it's all judgment call on how to .

I used fine steel wool well oiled and pulled it breech to muzzle to " polish" it up . That's about as fancy I get if I think the barrel is rough or hard cleaning also oiled Scotch Brite

A pic showing each steel wool and scotch Brite "patch"

View attachment 494238

Not recommending cause it's a do as you feel best at own risk thing in the end .. you can't get careless ..it's all judgment call on how to .
Did your groups get any better or worst, or no real difference? This sounds pretty drasti.

Did your groups get any better or worst, or no real difference? This sounds pretty drasti.
I think it helped .. I got some gamo group threads here I think . I done hatsan and he with that .. like I said don't go silly and scrub the heck out of it . Just a few pulls to smooth out and rough spots or set in grime . Lol