Tactical Airguns?

The features I need the most to shoot my best are having an adjustable cheek piece and adjustable LOP. The PRS AR-15 rear stocks, and some other brands, provide that. I also find a good after market AR grip feels good in my hand. I like easy mounting of flushcup attachments for slings or pic rails for bipods. All these are nice options to have. 

Yes you can get all that I've mentioned in wood stocks but it's usually cheaper and more convenient using AR stuff.

Not to say I don't love high gloss blueing and figured wood. But I don't mind the tactical look either.

I ran across an article by Jim Chapman yesterday (probably the most experienced airgun hunter in the world) that covered this subject. In his view, " A lot of readers know that I’ve always gravitated toward tradition sporter/carbine styling in my hunting guns, but of the last few years have been shooting more of the bullpup and “tactical” designs, and have also said there is a reason these guns are popular. Ergonomics, adjust-ability, easily changed barrels, all inherently easier to achieve with these type of designs." The full article: https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/hunting/2019/11/a-prophecy-fulfilled/

Possibly due to G.I. Joe syndrome. I understand the desire for mobility, functionality, and flexibility regarding convenience in the field. However, anyway you want to slice it, you will have to adapt tactical items for Benchrest. Tactical items are best left to the military. These are airguns after all.

Call me old fashioned; for me there is no better marriage than blued metal with walnut.

Perhaps this post may ruffle some feathers, but this is not my intent, only my opinion.

I would have to agree with the couple guys who have said that the adjustability trumps looks when you want to squeeze the best out of a rifle. Sure I love a great looking rifle but they don’t help my ability to place more consistent shots. A grip of my choice is a great first step. Having a length of pull that is correct for me helps a ton. An adjustable cheek rest is even more important when it comes to repeatability and comfort. Sure I can find repeatable hold on a rifle that is too short with a grip that I think has horrible ergonomics, but if you can make all those better... I’ll take the uglier gun if I can have more fun shooting it. I didn’t buy it to hang it on a wall or have the other guys on the line tell me how pretty it is. 

Own a few ... sadly there is is no love for the looks or the way they handle. Cheek weld is wrong & optics too high because of it. only reason they are kept is because of the accuracy and power they have been modified to have.

Given a choice ... more conventional configuration preferred. Like laminate stocks over walnut or beech FWIW.

Scott

Thanks for the reply's, telling me what you like about them. I Want to like them. But as Scott said. They are just all wrong for me. The scope is so high and I can't repeatably figure where to weld my check. I Held one with the rail on the bottom of the forend and that was very uncomfortable for my style of shooting. I have never had a bipod on a rifle. Where I live I can't hunt legally at night so I have never spent the money on a tactical light.

thanks, Jim