Taipan Taipan Veteran Alignment Issue

I discovered that my Taipan Veteran Standard was clipping my Sumo. Some research reveals that I likely have an alignment problem. I recently removed the barrel and I’m thinking that I didn’t follow the right procedure in putting everything back together. Any tips or recommendations for ensuring proper alignment? In particular with the six screws holding the air tube, barrel and picattiny; not sure if I need to follow a certain procedure or torque specs.

Did you disassemble the factory moderator? If so, then check the assembly, although even if the baffles are incorrect, they should still be centered. I don't think the support screws are the problem. Even if the torque is uneven, it should not alter the barrel/moderator alignment. Do you know that the clipping is in the Sumo only? It does not clip in the factory moderator? Check the threaded adapter for the Sumo and the rear plate of the Sumo for adequate torque, and also that the factory moderator is fully seated and snug on the barrel threads.

So resolved?
I don’t know if I fixed the alignment issue. I left the barrel as it was based on the comments here that it likely wasn’t the issue. I took out the baffles, cleaned and replaced them using a dowel rod to ensure they seated properly. The Sumo adapter also seemed to seat properly.

I should have waited to do this, but I drilled out the Sumo with a bit that was slightly larger. Gun is shooting back to normal now. In hindsight I should have shot to test, then drill if it didn’t work.

You can remove the shroud from the barrel without having to take out the factory baffles. Loosen the set screw that secures the shroud to the barrel. The you can unscrew the shroud off the barrel.
Once you do that, you can remove the barrel if you do service. I do this to clean the barrel. Much easier to pull a cleaning patch without the baffle stack in the way

Last edited:
Reactions: Jairow