Tank fill valves on AliExpress

Bauers are the best and you are fortunate to own one. I currently don't shoot enough so that the slow fill times would be an issue. A full 12L will last me many days, so planning a 40 min fill up isn't going to be a problem. How long the CS4 would last doing it, that's another unknown. Hopefully more than 3 years while doing less than 2 a fills month. Can buy a lot of CS4s for the price if even a used Bauer.

I have a 3d printer and will print up some boots using TPU, or fashion some other tank holder. Just going to use it in one place and have refill station will be at another location.

Although this comment is a bit off the thread topic, it is relevant. Before you invest any money in your HPA solution, you need to think it though. The valve is only part of the problem. How much air do you need now AND in the future. Do you shoot at home or in the field? Do you need a non- transportable solution or a mobile one? Perhaps both? What charge process do you wish to use for both your guns and the bottle(s) There is more than one. Let there be on doubt in your mind, the HPA solution will be the most expensive part of this hobby! If you don't get your plan right upfront, it will cost you unnecessary money

Bauers are the best and you are fortunate to own one. I currently don't shoot enough so that the slow fill times would be an issue. A full 12L will last me many days, so planning a 40 min fill up isn't going to be a problem. How long the CS4 would last doing it, that's another unknown. Hopefully more than 3 years while doing less than 2 a fills month. Can buy a lot of CS4s for the price if even a used Bauer.

I have a 3d printer and will print up some boots using TPU, or fashion some other tank holder. Just going to use it in one place and have refill station will be at another location.
I don't think the 3D printer is a good plan. You need a BIG printer and the boots are cheap to buy The bottom boot is 7 inches tall and 8.5 inches in diameter and it weighs 1 kg.. If you are looking for a stationary bottle, use a 50 liter steel bottle, They are much less expensive than the 12 liter CF ACECARE bottle, but there is no way to fill the steel bottle with your CS4 in one go and have that compressor survive.

I like the independence of my own compressor, but depending on where you are, you should consider a commercial gas service like LINDE they can deliver precharged large bottles upon request at reasonable prices at a lot less cost than a Bauer compressor. I have several welding gas bottles that I bought from my supplier and he exchanges them when empty upon my request. Air is cheap as opposed to say argon and he charges me around $30 for a delivery. By the way, this is a common solution used by 10 meter air gun clubs in Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Justaguy