• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Target air pistols

Reactions: Bandito
Howdy Gwelo,
I traced an outline of the red dot sight onto a 3/16" thick sheet of Kydex. Once cut out & matched to the sight's footprint, 2 holes were drilled to mount the Kydex plate to the 46's rear sight base. Then 2 more holes were drilled & tapped to mount the red dot.
Fortunately, the alignments came out close enough that minimal dot adjustment was needed. 😅

Howdy Gwelo,
I traced an outline of the red dot sight onto a 3/16" thick sheet of Kydex. Once cut out & matched to the sight's footprint, 2 holes were drilled to mount the Kydex plate to the 46's rear sight base. Then 2 more holes were drilled & tapped to mount the red dot.
Fortunately, the alignments came out close enough that minimal dot adjustment was needed. 😅
Very clever! Always interested in alternative ideas. Did you use the existing tapped hole in the sight base for one of your attachment points? I have the Sun Optics mount that attaches to the barrel. That method moves the sight further from the eye than yours. How do you like the sight being closer to your eye? Have you tried the Sun Optics mount for comparison?

Ant supplies or something. I bought some barrel mounts from him not so long ago. Google is your friend as they say….
That would be Sun Optics sold at B&H Photo. I have a couple of them. Sousa Optics also makes one that looks identical. Both are out of stock at present.
Shoothabreez is the first time I’ve seen a dot mounted in place of the rear sight.

Thanks and yes. One screw went down through the Kydex plate & into that threaded hole in the 46 sight base. The other screw went up through the 46 sight base & into a threaded hole in the Kydex plate.
I prefer the red dot mounted at the rear and as low as possible. It provides a slightly larger sight picture.
I had bought a B-Square Weaver barrel mount back in '04 with the 46. Tried a tubular red dot at that time but didn't like how high it sat above the barrel. It looked awkward.

Reactions: Bandito and Gwelo
Now I can't figure out, either you're using "aim-cheats" in real life, or this self-guided gun, lol
Nope, it's just that accurate and precise. It never throws a wild shot and if I hold steady enough, places the pellets right where the cross hairs lay. I will admit to only shooting one 10 round mag per fill to keep speed consitant.

I had an Hw44 a few years ago… bought second hand and initially could hit a thing!

Wasn’t until I saw the target I knew something was up!
IMG_4010.png

Back to the shop and off to the UK distributor… turned out the previous owner had messed up the moderator attachment and it was clipping

Once rectified it was so so accurate and a great side piece to my HW110 rifle
One pellet groups at 25 years with ease

Truly one of the most accurate pistols I’ve ever shot

View attachment 458473

I consider the Walther LP3M to be the finest production Co2 pistol ever; be 'finest' measured in quality, performance, or aesthetics. Nevertheless, true to my well-documented pathological compulsion to soup-up any projectile-launcher employing compressed air or gas as propellent, upon diving into the gorgeous thing I found it just as beautifully SIMPLE to install a stiffer hammer-spring and lighter trigger springs to increase power to almost 6 foot pounds and reduce trigger let-off to my ideal 2 ounce first stage followed by a 4 ounce (total) trigger-break. Five shots at 25 yards measured 1/2" center-to-center-

View attachment 458474

View attachment 458475

Purchased pre-owned from the Netherlands some years ago, I painstakingly removed all body-putty from the grip and refinished it to expose the lovely walnut beneath. It came to me in this custom locking case (more lovely wood)-

View attachment 458479

Vintage-collectable ten-meter Euro exotica, at its finest.

Very sweet pistol! What's even sweeter is that Leupold/Gilmore red dot mounted on it. That is some pretty good shooting @ 25 YARDS using a red dot sight. While I don't think many airgunners are using these (the L/G sight, that is...I LOVE mine, very "crisp" dot), I have one mounted up on my Diana AirBug .22 cal as well. While not a "target" pistol, she is right up there with the best of the "plinkers" in my humble opinion:)