Airforce Texan 257 with Carbon Bottle Possible

CanMike

Aug 7, 2024
Correct me if I am wrong but the new higher flow TX2 valve is built into the tank? and only comes on the higher caliber versions like 457, 50, etc..

Can teh Carbon bottle be placed on the 257 Texan? I assume it will give it a moderate bump in power. Im not sure its needed but I am planning on getting the rifle in a couple months so doing some planning ahead.

I am aiming on using the Altaros Slugs with the 257.

Mike

Correct me if I am wrong but the new higher flow TX2 valve is built into the tank? and only comes on the higher caliber versions like 457, 50, etc..

Can teh Carbon bottle be placed on the 257 Texan? I assume it will give it a moderate bump in power. Im not sure its needed but I am planning on getting the rifle in a couple months so doing some planning ahead.

I am aiming on using the Altaros Slugs with the 257.

Mike
Yes you can put a carbon fiber bottle on a .257 Texan..That factory valve is setup for 3000 psi.. So just save wieght with carbon taank. There is a 3625psi upgrade valve and 4500 psi upgraded valve available

Reactions: mercado
The valve can be removed from the aluminum tank and installed into a CF tank. Other than dropping some weight it will not do much for you with the stock valve. It already has plenty of flow and the sweet spot tended to be around 2800-2900 psi.

IMG_7135.jpeg