Airforce Texan.457 sight in distance

i think you need a ballistics app😉 .. unless your target is very specific, youll want an ideal zero that holds it within 1/2" or so for the longest stretch ..typically for airgun velocities and average scope heights its around 20 yds .. will hold it close to dead on to 50-60 and everything outside 20 is varying degrees of holdover .. at 100 it may be 15 some odd inches/3-4 hashes on your ret depending on velocity ..the app will show you graphically .. alittle testing and youll know right where your at, at any reasonable distance without wonky bullcrap in the middle ..if you zero at 100 and have a random shot at 30 youll likely blow it ...

I'm zeroed at 100.... and running an Ivey Adj. scope base for ELR......and like some have mentioned, Ballistic apps are extremely helpful, but I've also created a cheat sheet in my notebook,... after Regulated bench testing of your magic pill from 25/30 to 100..., and Just take that info on a laminated index card on your hunts or to the range and play around with your tuning....it should keep you in the neighborhood of consistent holdover an under taking shots..

Reactions: maxburdine