Airforce Texan lss .457

Are you asking if anybody has physically removed the moderator and fired the rifle without it in place?
Are you asking if anybody has physically removed the moderator and fired the rifle without it in place?
I mean yeah basically. I'm asking if anyone has removed it and used the rifle without it. And if they have pictures without the moderator in place

I hope this helps. I think you are referring to the black aluminum tube/semi-permanent factory moderator correct? My moderators outer tube is no longer aluminum, but that does not matter for the pics, I refer to the entire unit as the first stage of moderation, kind of a reverse moderator that encases the barrel and extends back towards the rifles action. When she was new, I removed the moderator many times (easy to do) and yes I fired it. When you first remove the outer black tube of the moderator, you will expose a aluminum bar that surrounds the barrel and attaches the moderator to the frame, this raw aluminum shaft is held in by two screws at the base, which can be removed with a 1/8" hex key (allen wrench). Note: When removing the moderator you will likely experience a POI shift, and any time the moderator is removed and installed, a POI shift is not unusual, this is due to the factory aluminum moderator tubes not being cut square. And... did I mention the rifle is incredibly loud without the moderator! For your viewing pleasure I pulled the first stage moderator off my rifle and took a couple pics for you. I hope this helps, and if you have any additional requests please feel free to ask.

IMG_2123.jpeg

IMG_2124.jpeg

IMG_2125.jpeg

IMG_2122.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: The Archer
That is a very nice looking rifle! Thank you for your input and pictures everything is very helpful. This info has pretty much helped me make my discussions. I love the carbon fiber shroud. Where did you get that and what do you call it?
The CF shroud is something I sell. I have not yet requested permission from airgunnation to do any sales do to their moderator policy, but plan to put in the request soon as this is only a tube and they may approve it. In the mean time you should check out the AEA Zeuse .72 cal I have listed for sale.