The 2 Brocock TAC Pistols on sale at AoA

Umm, "no items found" !! This "TAC", that you speak, doesn't seem to exist, at least in my search !

The over priced (in my estimation) "Ranger" is on sale ($499 off)

You talken the "Atomic" version ? Yes, it's $100 off the normal cost. A much more realistic cost to begin with. At $1099, it's close to what I might pay.
But two gripes for the cost. 1- the 11mm rail. Come on, in 2022 ? and 2- the cocking arm on the wrong side for a right hand shooter. And so why can many other companies provide a changeable lever arm ?

Interesting...but.

Mike

Mike,

Here are the links:

It was called the TAC (Tandem Air Cartidge). It could also be called BACS (brocock air cartridge system). Appears they were made illegal in the UK so never to be made again. I would think a working kit with the pump, gun and cartridges would be desirable for a collector.

In my opinion air-cartridge guns are a great concept that apparently has never lived up to its promise; likely for good reasons.

I've owned a couple Saxby - Palmer bolt-action air-cartridge rifles that I had high hopes for, so REALLY tried to make them dependable. They weren't.

As for the guns you're considering, I have no idea how dependable the A-C system might have evolved since the 1980s. However a few truisms come to mind.

Pure collector VALUE has little to do with dependability, and doesn't even necessarily relate to rarity. Many utterly unreliable designs are very valuable, largely due to their rarity (since nobody in their right mind would buy one in the first place). On the other hand, neither does extreme rarity guarantee great collector value. Some exceedingly rare items simply don't pique collector(s) interest. Example- the Sheridan Knockabout rimfire pistol.

My point is you probably shouldn't expect these pistols to perform impressively; or possibly at all. Neither would I expect them to be a good investment. But neither of those points should be construed as suggestions you shouldn't buy; simply information from an experienced collector's perspective.

I used to have a 522 brocock.. and I got in a tight spot with money and sold it.. wish I still had it.. factory the cartridges will need new o rings probably every 4 charge but I got some too of the line o rings and they were the last I had to rebuild them.. I don't know what year mine was but as I understand the original guns had the side of the cylinder turned out so you could see the cartridges and that prevented them from being drilled out by criminal and shooting 38 bullets.. mine was turned out.. I read later on they quit turning out the cylinder and after that the trouble started.. I had the gun and 20 cartridges 22 caliber snub-nosed 5 shot.. I wish I would have kept it and kept up and got the single six and the lever action too..
I think I'd buy them from airguns of Arizona, I actually just looked at the flat top a few days ago and now I just saw your post.. I don't know if it comes with the slim jim pump.. no pump and you won't be shooting it.. if I knew where I could get cartridges in 22 I'd machine a fill block and probably get regular single six and lever action and possibly a snub nose and convert them all to air guns.. but now I'm barely surviving on disability, so it's just a dream if I could get back into it.. lots of people will tell you that they leak down, but with the right o rings.. mine held full pressure for over a month.. that is if I didn't shoot it.. was a lot of fun and besides that I could always put them in the pump and try a stroke to know that they were full.. I think it was 10 pumps from empty and the last one was fairly hard at least to a crossman 760
mark