N/A The Dark Side got me....

Hi all,

Just got back from the Baldwinsville show.
I went there intending to sell my only PCP, which I don't use. (I didn't buy it for myself in the first place).
Instead, I came home with an Air Arms S200 in .177, and this one IS for myself.

Yeah, me.... the dedicated springer guy.
The "PCP's have no soul" guy.
Bought a PCP. On purpose. ha ha! 🙄

So, this is how the Dark Side snuck up on me:
First, I spotted an odd rifle mixed in with a few very handsome PCP's (which I normally ignore). It's a good looking rifle too, but seems more to be built for a purpose. And the price was attractive too.

Second, it didn't sell in a flash, probably because it doesn't have a magazine setup.
That left it in my peripheral vision about 15 feet from my table, keeping it fresh on my mind.

Third, after staring at the rifle for a day, I finally inquired about it. Got real curious about it since the reservoir is clearly marked CZ, which got me asking questions and learning that the rifles were made with CZ barrels (their best) and tubes, and AA did the plumbing and triggers, etc.
Then I shot it (.....wow!!) and I was sold.
The sneak attack was complete, the deal was made and I am now a "Dark Sider".
I don't know if congratulations or condolences are in order.... ha ha!

I will now have to get my hands on a decent bottle and find a local shop fill it, which is really all I need for range trips.
I'm also going to look into a magazine conversion for this rifle, though it wasn't especially hard to load pellets singly.

As an aside, one of the great things about the Baldwinsville show is the range.
Whether its used for testing (nothing is better than "try it before you buy it") or just for fun, the range is great. Every show should have one.

So, it looks like my next big foray into airguns won't be the antiques (which I assumed would happen for me) but into PCP's instead.

What are the odds that it ends with just one PCP...? 😂

Last edited:
Hi all,

I went there intending to sell my only PCP, which I don't use. (I didn't buy it for myself in the first place).

First, I spotted an odd rifle mixed in with a few very handsome PCP's (which I normally ignore). It's a good looking rifle handsome, but seems more to be built for a purpose. And the price was attractive too.

Second, it didn't sell in a flash, probably because it doesn't have a magazine setup.
That left it in my peripheral vision about 15 feet from my table, keeping it fresh on my mind.

Third, after staring at the rifle for a day, I finally inquired about it. Got real curious about it since the reservoir is clearly marked CZ, which got me asking questions and learning something interesting about the rifle. Then I shot it (.....wow!!) and a deal was struck.
The sneak attack was complete, and I am now a "Dark Sider". I don't know if congratulations or condolences are in order....

I will now have to get my hands on a decent bottle and find a local shop fill it, which is really all I need for range trips.
I'm also going to look into a magazine conversion for this rifle, though it wasn't especially hard to load pellets singly.

Whether its used for testing (nothing is better than "try it before you buy it") or just for fun, the range is great. Every show should have one.

So, it looks like my next big foray into airguns won't be the antiques (which I assumed would happen for me) but into PCP's instead.

Referring to PCPs as “The Dark Side” is an ancient mindset from the old GTA Forum days - back when cars were rare and most airgunners still rode horses to get around…😉

Here at AGN in these modern times, we in the PCP forum prefer to think of ourselves as “The Enlightened Side”… we still keep our springers around, usually right next to the turntable in the “soulful” room of the house, lol.

-Ed

We will miss you. Always remember you will be welcomed back anytime.

Really a CZ200 is only twilight.

IMG_4231.jpeg

Hi all,

First, I spotted an odd rifle mixed in with a few very handsome PCP's (which I normally ignore). It's a good looking rifle handsome, but seems more to be built for a purpose. And the price was attractive too.

Third, after staring at the rifle for a day, I finally inquired about it. Got real curious about it since the reservoir is clearly marked CZ, which got me asking questions and learning something interesting about the rifle. Then I shot it (.....wow!!) and a deal was struck.
The sneak attack was complete, and I am now a "Dark Sider". I don't know if congratulations or condolences are in order....

And this is how the Rabbit Hole® works, the siren call, very very very subtle, not quite nagging but just on the edge of consciousness, weaving into your mind, getting around your defenses. You are doomed, good luck, you'll need it, darn things are worse than drugs and way more expensive. Luckily we do have support groups, but they only seem to support the habit not help to break it.

Reactions: Vana2
Referring to PCPs as “The Dark Side” is an ancient mindset from the old GTA Forum days - back when cars were rare and most airgunners still rode horses to get around…😉

Here at AGN in these modern times, we in the PCP forum prefer to think of ourselves as “The Enlightened Side”… we still keep our springers around, usually right next to the turntable in the “soulful” room of the house, lol.

-Ed
Nope. Still thr dark side.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Nah, it won't be expensive.....

Just have to get a magazine kit and a bunch of mags, a bottle, a good compressor, a custom barrel shroud, a bipod, a dedicated Pelican case and maybe even an adjustable buttplate.
And a regulator. And an extra long tube to replace the lost air capacity from the cool new regulator.
And lots of high end pellets for testing.

Not to mention agonizing over which scope & mount will be "the perfect setup"....

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Airgun Al
Hi all,

First, I spotted an odd rifle mixed in with a few very handsome PCP's (which I normally ignore). It's a good looking rifle too, but seems more to be built for a purpose. And the price was attractive too.

Third, after staring at the rifle for a day, I finally inquired about it. Got real curious about it since the reservoir is clearly marked CZ, which got me asking questions and learning that the rifles were made with CZ barrels (their best) and tubes, and AA did the plumbing and triggers, etc.

Nice write up, but no pic.

Here you go BF:

Screenshot_20240728_133324_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240728_133328_Gallery.jpg

FYI, the 30mm BKL mount looked like it would be the right height for the combination of my noggin and that comb, plus leave plenty of room for a magazine so I slapped it on right before I took the pics.
Height is spot on for me, and looks like more than enough room for magazines. 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: rcarlisle
I feel sorry for you. It is a chronic condition that degrades over time. First it starts with $20's and $50's rocketing out of your pocket, quickly moving up to $100's. Then you get the urge for another gun, and another, and another.

I would go for a compressor. They are not that much more than a tank. If you go with a tank, make sure if used it is current on its tests.

Reactions: Ranchibi
Hi all,

OHH yeah! You're over the edge

The "Dark Side" has always been a great place for me to be personally and with no regrets. In order for one to stay in the game, you can't afford to run out of air and if one does, there's always the pump. It's very addictive and one more is only a temporary fix if and that's only if one has the means to keep up in the game. It's only a game!