The difference between Skill ( the odds ) and Luck

I think you're a lucky marksman, but also that it's unethical to make multiple attempts kill a living creature at that distance with that equipment. It would be more understandable if your skill was such that you expect a kill on your first attempt. A dozen attempts?
Greetings and salutations @specie

Unfortunately none of my Squirrels are wearing name tags so I truly do not know when I have made that "one and only" allowable shot that you are talking about :confused: . I guess that is a part of that "bad luck" thingy...... for Mr Squirrel :ROFLMAO:

Hope you have a wonderful day,
ThomasT

@ThomasT - perfect time and reason to upgrade your pistol!
Hello @maxtrouble

I have 5 other pistols including a dead-on-accurate, Crosman 1701P, but I just love shooting 10-meter paper with the Bandit.

ThomasT
3a.Crosman 1701P.jpg

Thomas, I am glad you are still around and shooting!
Hello @Str8tshooter

Thank you very much, I would be shooting a whole lot more if it wasn't so hot. I'm too old to handle this kind of heat, temp just went up to 104f . I try to get a few targets shot just at daylight when I feel like it.

ThomasT

I had been regularly hitting the top or bottom rim of soda cans, sending them flying with mine off-hand at 20 yards. Shot placement and accuracy were not a question. I just honestly expected the pellet to bounce off. But shot placement was what it was supposed to be for a clean kill. And it was.

That is a 1 for 1 situation for that gun. Only ever took one shot like that, never did prior, and never will again. I've got others I feel are more suited to that task.

Reactions: rsfrid
Hello @Str8tshooter

Thank you very much, I would be shooting a whole lot more if it wasn't so hot. I'm too old to handle this kind of heat, temp just went up to 104f . I try to get a few targets shot just at daylight when I feel like it.

ThomasT
I believe it was you making fun of me shooting in the basement and our cold weather? 😳 It's been in 60s and 70s here and squirrels are much more lively when they aren't suffering heat stroke! I suggest making a paper squirrel target and move indoors to practice, deputy. I'm looking forward to our fun challenges this winter. Stay safe and try to enjoy the warmth. 🤣😂❤️

I believe it was you making fun of me shooting in the basement and our cold weather? 😳 It's been in 60s and 70s here and squirrels are much more lively when they aren't suffering heat stroke! I suggest making a paper squirrel target and move indoors to practice, deputy. I'm looking forward to our fun challenges this winter. Stay safe and try to enjoy the warmth. 🤣😂❤️
Hello @rsfrid

Well Ross I take back all the ribbing I gave you this past winter. If I had not seen the clean hole in the back of the Squirrel's head, then I would have suspected he died of a heat stroke ;). Looking forward to the indoor competition.

ThomasT

Hello again everyone,

Several comments raised my curiosity so I decided to shoot the same target today.

1) Upper left circle I shot with my Crosman 1701P without zeroing the 3-9x40 scope at 25-yards.
2) Upper right circle I shot with the Crosman after zeroing the scope and at 10-Meters.
3) Lower right circle I shot with the Diana Bandit but with a 5-12x40 scope at 10-Meters.

I also shot several more targets with the Bandit and the Red Dot at 10-Meters. I turned down the Green Dot to the smallest size which did improve the accuracy. This combination is just fun to shoot at 10-meters.

ThomasT

Diana Bandit X2.jpg

Reactions: beerthief
i get ribbed by some people that never shot @ 10 meters . as far as shooting in the heat or cold , I am a wimp ! heat i can do . cold 40F is my limit .
Hello @beerthief

I am a Summer Time kind of guy but this year with 105f and hotter weather for 60 plus days is just way too much for my old body.

If was a chilly 85f this morning and no wind so I got to shoot quite a few paper targets.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

Reactions: beerthief