Skout The gang at Skout delivered again!!

The 1st thing you notice about the new barrels is the weight!
I have a 34.4" barrel and the 25" bull barrel is 2x the weight.
i really like the new indexing system.
IMG_0229.jpeg

...once the barrel is in , before you tighten, you can fully rotate the barrel.
when you get to the desired number which is indexed and visible
IMG_0230.jpeg

Tighten down on the ratchet to lock down the barrel.
if you want to change the index, just press the lever and flip the ratchet to top position and turn the barrel to the next position.
Very simple .
Just first impression.

Could not be happier as my EVO was delivered today. Have not had time to do anything but unbox and get it of the the case for a quick inspection. Robert Lee Steele Freedom Pattern laser job on the red looks amazing. This one has the .22 Lother Walther Bull Barrel. Now get it scoped up and get the chance to see how it performs!
The grip and the display are a nice improvement over my EPOCH.
View attachment 481986View attachment 481988pView attachment 481989View attachment 481987
I may yet order another Skout when i'm certain the .177 loading issue are perfect. I really like the new changes! and SKOUT is an amazing company!!

iI must said that the combination of the Epoch with the Bull Barrel = 1 HEAVY rifle!
Fully decked out with scope and rails is around 14 lbs
short range tests show really nice percision at various speed with pellets
been too Brain-melting hot to sit at the range ..hopefully it cools down a bit
The AEA 25.3g at 880-885 range is shooting tight for short range, i'd say a little better than the 34.4 barrel.
I'll do a 100 shot target to check consistency .. the bull barrel keeps a tighter tolerance.
looking forward to trying it out at distance .
Haven't tried messing with slugs yet. Need WAY more tylenol for that
Mike

iI must said that the combination of the Epoch with the Bull Barrel = 1 HEAVY rifle!
Fully decked out with scope and rails is around 14 lbs
short range tests show really nice percision at various speed with pellets
been too Brain-melting hot to sit at the range ..hopefully it cools down a bit
The AEA 25.3g at 880-885 range is shooting tight for short range, i'd say a little better than the 34.4 barrel.
I'll do a 100 shot target to check consistency .. the bull barrel keeps a tighter tolerance.
looking forward to trying it out at distance .
Haven't tried messing with slugs yet. Need WAY more tylenol for that
Mike
The EVO is not much lighter. Mine with the Athlon scope is 13 lbs 6 oz without the magazine. But the gun is phenomenal :D.

Pretty awesome to see these coming out. And the collab with different barrel manufacturers is great. Anyone know how heavy with the standard barrels? I'm betting the bull barrels add 2-3lbs over the CF barrels? Again though for what the gun is I doubt anyone is really carrying them around so why not.go heavy barrel. I'm interested in the Sub MOA barrels whenever those hit.

I love how the SKOUT Epoch performs with the new 25" LW barrel. I enjoyed shooting the prototype before its release to the public.

My N50 scores are beginning to reflect how precise it can be when tuned properly while putting 22.07gr JTS Dead Center Pellets downrange. Here is an example of six (6) shots at 100 yards on a 3" gong at Central Ohio Airgunners. The shot on the right is the sighter.

6 Shots on Gong.jpg

SKOUT Epoch 2024 Tune 20231215.jpg

The EVO is not much lighter. Mine with the Athlon scope is 13 lbs 6 oz without the magazine. But the gun is phenomenal :D.
Why I’m passing on the evo. Already have a tank of a bench gun in the epoch so don’t need another. It’s all good they are clearly aiming at the target shooting sector of the hobby and they hit that mark solidly.