The Last Royale 400 in Walnut? A Royale Pain!

First off let me be clear, this is by no means is me being critical of the new FX Royale 400 (.22 cal) that I finally acquired. It is a phenomenal airgun in every respect and I'm thrilled to own what may be the last walnut stocked Royale 400 to be manufactured (serial # 2221838). The Royale was ordered by me on April 24th from Pyramid Air. Mark at PYRAMID, AKA @OkAirgunner , assisted me and has provided exemplary service and advice to me. I can't say enough positives about Mark and the depth of his knowledge at Pyramid - Thanks Mark! I was informed by FX (Mathias) that my Royale was made and shipped to Utah Air around May 23rd. Mathias at FX in Sweden also provided me with excellent service and was instrumental at tracking down my Royale and ultimately got it into my hands. As many of you may know, Utah Air is the primary distributor of FX in America. What I didn't know is that a sister company to Utah, Marksman, is the importer. Why I didn't initially use Utah to buy the gun is another matter that I do not wish to discuss at this time. Marksman (thanks to Cameron) arranged to send it on to me only after some "irregularities" occurred. The reason I entitled this post "Royale Pain" is the amount of time it took and the miscommunications that existed in the process. Like I previously mentioned, I ordered it on April 24th and finally had it in my hands on August 3rd. It was manufactured and shipped to Utah (Marksman) on approximately May 23. About a week later I get an email from Pyramid that they were informed by Utah that the Royale 400 is no longer being made and that my order is cancelled. Huh???!!!. Well, things started getting interesting and after discussing this chain of events with Mark (at Pyramid) and also bringing in Mathias at FX we finally got things straightened out. But wait, there's more... another month goes by and still no gun. I know Utah has it but no one at Pyramid or Utah knows where it is! Isn't that just great?! Another PM to Mathias at FX and he promptly tracks the gun down for me and lo & behold it's at Marksman. I receive a very nice PM from Cameron at Marksman and he took care of me. I won't enumerate all the PMs and phone calls that I made but my patience and persistence paid off. Yep, it was a Royale pain; only took about 3 months (not 8 weeks as advertised) to get it but I'm happy that I did and I am very pleased with all the assistance I received from Mathias @FX Airguns , Mark @OkAirgunner at Pyramid and Cameron @Marksman Distribution. Don't know that I would go through all this to get a nice airgun...but the last Walnut Royale 400??? Well, maybe.;) More photos to come under PCP's
IMG_0307.jpg

I hope the information that FX has quit making the Royale is not correct, but it wouldn't surprise me. FX is making its money on the adjustamatics they spit out, and I guess the market wants them. I have a Royale 400 in .22 also, and it is one of my favorite rifles. It is a simple, robust platform that is dependable and accurate. The accessories are limited, which is not favorable for a company that makes its living on bells and whistles. Enjoy your Royale, it will be one of your favortites.

Just the other day in a response I posted I said FX (imho) is making a mistake in not continuing to actively market the Royale & Boss platform. They're some of the BEST pellet rifles ever made. There was a time that you'd see them at EVERY major competition. Beautifully accurate guns that stand the test of time.
If true, I'm really sad to hear they'll discontinue that line. Guess this is yet another thing that tells me I'm a dinosaur & losing my relevance in this world. Try finding negative thoughts on that platform's accuracy, repeatability & ease of maintenance, etc. Not an easy task. Those of us who have owned them know the joy of having a piece of kit that DELIVERS EVERY SINGLE TIME. With the hundreds of posts I've seen here about the mechanical problems that owners of "adjust-o-matic" FX guns have, it makes me even more enamored of my Bobcat, Boss & Royale.

Just the other day in a response I posted I said FX (imho) is making a mistake in not continuing to actively market the Royale & Boss platform. They're some of the BEST pellet rifles ever made. There was a time that you'd see them at EVERY major competition. Beautifully accurate guns that stand the test of time.
If true, I'm really sad to hear they'll discontinue that line. Guess this is yet another thing that tells me I'm a dinosaur & losing my relevance in this world. Try finding negative thoughts on that platform's accuracy, repeatability & ease of maintenance, etc. Not an easy task. Those of us who have owned them know the joy of having a piece of kit that DELIVERS EVERY SINGLE TIME. With the hundreds of posts I've seen here about the mechanical problems that owners of "adjust-o-matic" FX guns have, it makes me even more enamored of my Bobcat, Boss & Royale.
AMEN!!!

Reactions: wijib and Revoman
First off let me be clear, this is by no means is me being critical of the new FX Royale 400 (.22 cal) that I finally acquired. It is a phenomenal airgun in every respect and I'm thrilled to own what may be the last walnut stocked Royale 400 to be manufactured (serial # 2221838). The Royale was ordered by me on April 24th from Pyramid Air. Mark at PYRAMID, AKA @OkAirgunner , assisted me and has provided exemplary service and advice to me. I can't say enough positives about Mark and the depth of his knowledge at Pyramid - Thanks Mark! I was informed by FX (Mathias) that my Royale was made and shipped to Utah Air around May 23rd. Mathias at FX in Sweden also provided me with excellent service and was instrumental at tracking down my Royale and ultimately got it into my hands. As many of you may know, Utah Air is the primary distributor of FX in America. What I didn't know is that a sister company to Utah, Marksman, is the importer. Why I didn't initially use Utah to buy the gun is another matter that I do not wish to discuss at this time. Marksman (thanks to Cameron) arranged to send it on to me only after some "irregularities" occurred. The reason I entitled this post "Royale Pain" is the amount of time it took and the miscommunications that existed in the process. Like I previously mentioned, I ordered it on April 24th and finally had it in my hands on August 3rd. It was manufactured and shipped to Utah (Marksman) on approximately May 23. About a week later I get an email from Pyramid that they were informed by Utah that the Royale 400 is no longer being made and that my order is cancelled. Huh???!!!. Well, things started getting interesting and after discussing this chain of events with Mark (at Pyramid) and also bringing in Mathias at FX we finally got things straightened out. But wait, there's more... another month goes by and still no gun. I know Utah has it but no one at Pyramid or Utah knows where it is! Isn't that just great?! Another PM to Mathias at FX and he promptly tracks the gun down for me and lo & behold it's at Marksman. I receive a very nice PM from Cameron at Marksman and he took care of me. I won't enumerate all the PMs and phone calls that I made but my patience and persistence paid off. Yep, it was a Royale pain; only took about 3 months (not 8 weeks as advertised) to get it but I'm happy that I did and I am very pleased with all the assistance I received from Mathias @FX Airguns , Mark @OkAirgunner at Pyramid and Cameron @Marksman Distribution. Don't know that I would go through all this to get a nice airgun...but the last Walnut Royale 400??? Well, maybe.;) More photos to come under PCP'sView attachment 485806
Congrats!
I purchased one about 15? years ago, and still own it today!
Are they still producing the Royale 500, or has it been discontinued as well?

Reactions: wijib
Congrats!
I purchased one about 15? years ago, and still own it today!
Are they still producing the Royale 500, or has it been discontinued as well?
Not sure what the status of the Royale line is for sure. I would contact @FX Airguns to get the latest. Mathias is very helpful and he is in Sweden so I would trust his assessment.

I just sold two Royale 400s in.22. I also agree they are the best airguns ever made. I have too many pcp airguns and had to cull the herd. I had a fist gen 400 and a second gen. I put a HUMA in the second gen and they were both tack drivers. I like to shoot new guns and experiment so something had to go. My BRCK Snipe is the best rifle I've ever owned so it stayed as my main.22. I had always figured FX would keep making the Royale as it represented their best effort kinda like the Daystate Huntsman. Oh well, all things change and there are plenty of great airguns. Time moves on. I must say I have a FX Drean Tac and love it.

Reactions: wijib
Can't believe I didn't mention here are, specifically, the Original Smooth Twist Barrels. They don't "care" if pellet skirts are bent or that there might be weight variations within a tin of pellets! I've NEVER had to weigh or sort out the "basket cases". The OST barrels put even the damaged pellets right on target. What other barrels can do that? How can only 3.5 or 4" of rifling do that? It still amazes me.