The Last Royale 400 in Walnut? A Royale Pain!

Can't believe I didn't mention here are, specifically, the Original Smooth Twist Barrels. They don't "care" if pellet skirts are bent or that there might be weight variations within a tin of pellets! I've NEVER had to weigh or sort out the "basket cases". The OST barrels put even the damaged pellets right on target. What other barrels can do that? How can only 3.5 or 4" of rifling do that? It still amazes me.
You forgot to mention those things can shoot a Walmart Crosman 14.3 crazy good. The one smooth twist I had I called it the pellet whisperer. I wound up giving it to Dr. Kralenstein for one of his projects.

Reactions: Rohmpm and wijib
You forgot to mention those things can shoot a Walmart Crosman 14.3 crazy good. The one smooth twist I had I called it the pellet whisperer. I wound up giving it to Dr. Kralenstein for one of his projects.
Never even tried those as I know they're a harder alloy. The OST barrels like the softer alloy in my experience.

Reactions: wijib
Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if they aren’t making it. I’m surprised they did in this case. I can’t imagine there are many orders coming down the pipe for these guns anymore and wouldn’t it cost the company much more on their end to fire things up to produce one or a few ? Do they actually have a stock of every single part to put one together? Seems some things would have to be newly machined and that would create more of a pain than it’s worth for a few orders.

The smooth twist x barrel I had was very capable of moa at 50 yards with them if I slowed them down to 750-800 fps. Over that they were very erratic. Surprised me as everything to that point I had read said they only shot jsb pellets well. Simply not true.

Not sure what the status of the Royale line is for sure. I would contact @FX Airguns to get the latest. Mathias is very helpful and he is in Sweden so I would trust his assessment.
Hi there , just pitching in with some info 😉
both the Royal 400 an 500 are still being made today but mostly to order as the are not high in demand anymore. Sourcing the walnut stock is getting hard .
regards ,
Mathias

I have an older Royale 500 & 400
Both are exceptional shooters
And both use a magazine design that is common to the Independence/Indy, and perhaps other FX models,
Do the newly manufactured Royales use the same magazine?
Curious with purpose!
Edward
I believe so. I'm pretty sure it's the same as those used in the Bobcat as well.

Reactions: SilentSquirrel