The new Ataman AP-16C

Thought that would grab your attention. What a clickbait title, huh?

I'm just a little bit excited as I got the stock in yesterday and have had a bit of time to get my AP-16 .22 Standard setup as a pistol carbine. I'm sure everyone is familiar with the Ataman AP-16 being one of the two best non 10m match PCP pistols out there right now, alongside the HW44. I really love the Compact, but the Standard is a bit long for offhand shooting and I'm a sucker a nice pistol carbine.

This setup feels really great for offhand shooting. I haven't figured out the best way to mount the scope yet as the dovetail rail doesn't extend behind the magazine. Maybe it doesn't matter as this setup isn't going to get knocked around.

AP-16C - 1.jpeg

AP-16C - 2.jpeg

Nicely done.
Not normally a fan of putting cheap plastic stocks on pistols to make the proverbial "Carbine", but you've gone past to making a very nice gun.

I'm sure that you've seen the "Eagle Vision" adapters to go from 11mm to Picatinny right ? The only thing is that you need the "150mm" version, vs. the "200mm" version.
I have these on both of my (NOW...discontinued !) AP 16's and other guns. There are other adapters that do the same thing, but I've found these to do the the most solid job of both attaching to the gun, and having the scope rings/sight attaching to the adapter.
Note - If you buy the long adapter (vs. the single groove), you can cut it to any length that you want.

Enlarge the shot below, you can read the information off of the adapter on my gun. I just removed a scope from this gun to try this sight.

1669563299437.jpeg

Mike

Last edited: