The Night Before EBR: RTI Prophet valve replacement (Bonus Episode) | Atlas Airguns Podcast

hello!! great video behind the scenes 100% real, is there data on the improvement with the extra plenum? Thank you!

Icono de Validado por la comunidad

Just watched the video. He talked like the balanced valve was a wear item and there was "dust" on it. Didn't say if it was the o-ring wearing, possibly a delrin or other type of plastic shaft, or a metal piece. Is this considered a wear item to be replaced? If so how often and the cost of the parts? Not a comforting thought for possible owners.
I believe this specific airgun had been running extremely hot. As stated in the video, I believe they just needed to clean it. At an event like EBR competitors clean everything before the events for obvious reasons. Also, I could be mistaken but they might have been placing an experimental (new valve) inside the platform 🤔. I will reach out and ask. As for the cost, again I think they ended up cleaning the old one and cycling it out, so the average shooter would have had no cost to clean it. @intenseaty22 can chime in here and help a brother out if I am missing anything.

I believe this specific airgun had been running extremely hot. As stated in the video, I believe they just needed to clean it. At an event like EBR competitors clean everything before the events for obvious reasons. Also, I could be mistaken but they might have been placing an experimental (new valve) inside the platform 🤔. I will reach out and ask. As for the cost, again I think they ended up cleaning the old one and cycling it out, so the average shooter would have had no cost to clean it. @intenseaty22 can chime in here and help a brother out if I am missing anything.
Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing that they were shooting pellets. If so shooting pellets hot would be nothing like shooting heavier slugs. They were talking about making a .257 slug gun out of this platform, so probably tuned hotter and heavier than it was being used at. I want to make a set of swaging dies to make my own slugs, so will be tuning hotter than pellets. Thanks again.

Let me watch it tomorrow & refresh my memory, but best I remember now, is not that it’s a “wear” item, but perhaps would have the potential to, maybe. There were ideas being discussed on potential improvements in design. To that I will say, as I have before, @rtiarms does not get butt hurt over constructive criticism. They actually listen to the end user & improve upon the current design based on the feedback. I will also reach out and get some more authoritative input if I can.

It’s hit and miss. I’ve seen over 10000 shoots and a few thousand. There’s no Rhyme or reason to why or when.
Are you referring to the valve in the RTI? Or are you referring to balanced valves in general? I watched the video again. It appears that he is talking about the delrin rod section going into the bore of the metal piece. Just wondering if there is a slight taper leading into the bore that would stop the bore from scraping the delrin rod. If they weren't in perfect alignment it could easily allow it to scrape the delrin rod.