The RAW HM1000 Micro Hunter!

What is lesser quality? The machining is the exact same. The innards are the same. I’ve had my pre HM and post AF raw both apart and they’re the exact same.

I get my guns straight from Martin and he says they’ve gotten better.
Several of the internal components that used to be stainless are now brass.
The engraving on the action used to be machined into the action. Now they just laser etch it. It wears off.
The wood stocks used to be top of the line made by Martin. Now they buy the off the shelf stocks that hav plastic hardware in placed that used to be alum. Like the but stock adustment.

That’s not even digging into the fit and finish of machine parts…or the function.

We’re talking about a $2000 gun here… if they can streamline and cheapen stuff, we should see it in the end.

Power power power. Lol the argument the guy who builds an engine making a thousand horsepower but leaves the rest of the car alone. 😆 🤣
Well it is a problem that short barrel guns tend to be plagued with. Unless ur talking bullpups.
Most short gun struggle to build power. And even if they can be squeezed for a couple more FPE…they tend to srsly bark.
All of a sudden ur looking at adding moderators and the short gun is now a long rifle

Last edited:
Well it is a problem that short barrel guns tend to be plagued with. Unless ur talking bullpups.
Most short gun struggle to build power. And even if they can be squeezed for a couple more FPE…they tend to srsly bark.
All of a sudden ur looking at adding moderators and the short gun is now a long rifle
And neither of which are an issue with the rifles in question.

I also wouldn't call it a "problem" or "plagued with". Sometimes i don't want gobs of power in fact around the farm I prefer 20 to 25 fpe... I do not need to be shooting through farmers tin work etc...

Barrel length is not a manufacture issue either, it just is what it is

...and most spending that kind of coin kno the capabilities of the rifle making the whole comment of power null n void. 🙄

Last edited:
Probably its closest competitor is the evol mini.
Both most likely struggle to make power.

What FPE are u getting out of the evol?
Why the fixation on “making power?” How much power do you need to take small critters sub 60 yards? The Brits git a lot done with 11.99 FPE. All these little guns (Atomic, Evol Mini, RAW Micro Hunter), when use within their practical parameters, are quite capable and eye opening.

Why the fixation on “making power?” How much power do you need to take small critters sub 60 yards? The Brits git a lot done with 11.99 FPE. All these little guns (Atomic, Evol Mini, RAW Micro Hunter), when use within their practical parameters, are quite capable and eye opening.
Imagine taking birds in the green house with 70 fpe?! or even 45?!

• Wow
Reactions: L.Leon
I wasn’t implying that they aren’t capable nor did I say 50-70 FPE
I like shooting the light weight nsa slugs, 17.5 20.2 gr
These are roughly 38-45fpe requirements obviously variable.
So why bring it up? it is not pertinent. There are .177 impacts that CANNOT MAKE as much power as other rifles simply because.... yet they are still 2000 dollars. I would also not shoot any slug on any of my farm permissions, too much of a chance for collateral damage and ricochets.

So why bring it up? it is not pertinent. There are .177 impacts that CANNOT MAKE as much power as other rifles simply because.... yet they are still 2000 dollars. I would also not shoot any slug on any of my farm permissions, too much of a chance for collateral damage and ricochets.
Are you here to discuss? Or bark at ppl that try to?
I’m allowed to comment about the topic of this thread.

Seems to be the norm lately that threads become pissing matches. I see both sides. Some want to have a compact that can shoot slugs or higher power. Some want a compact to shoot mild power for use sub 75yds, and inside of barns and such. None are wrong, but bickering between each other takes away from the topic at hand. These mini carbines are more and more popular in All Aspects of airgunning. If this one’s not for you, move on. I don’t like the aluminum bottle. It’s my opinion. The power doesn’t bother me.

Are you here to discuss? Or bark at ppl that try to?
I’m allowed to comment about the topic of this thread.
... you are allowed to make claims and people are allowed to rebuttal. Thats what this is lol. If you are going to talk down on something , expect there to be a response that might not jive with yours.

Last edited:
These ended up being less expensive than I anticipated. The integrated stripper / quasi-moderator looks very cool. Pressure gauge in the correct spot. Can't believe they didn't go with a folding buffer tube setup --- would really be sticking it to the Atomic/Ranger if it was foldable and only $50-100 more than the current price.

Very cool looking gun.

I personally think guns now a days should be able to make the so called FPE standards of calibers. .177 at 20fpe, .22 at 30fpe and .25 at 44fpe. If you want to dial down then great you can do so but don't want to be restricted below those numbers.
Hell I know of many .25 caliber rifles making 60-70 fpe with ease, thats standard for an Impact with 700mm barrel shooting 33.95s

Seems to be the norm lately that threads become pissing matches. I see both sides. Some want to have a compact that can shoot slugs or higher power. Some want a compact to shoot mild power for use sub 75yds, and inside of barns and such. None are wrong, but bickering between each other takes away from the topic at hand. These mini carbines are more and more popular in All Aspects of airgunning. If this one’s not for you, move on. I don’t like the aluminum bottle. It’s my opinion. The power doesn’t bother me.
It really isn't a pissing match unless viewed as such by one side, its normal for humans to make counterpoints , especially when someone will bring a bunch of negatives that the majority within the discussion don't really care about and thats been shown. Its like Goldwing , every time a bullpup was brought up he SHAT on it lol. That ended after enough people rode his back.

Also, I know I am abrasive as well, not on purpose either.

Either way the micro hunter has a purpose, wasn't built for power, was built to be a lightweight pester, not a medium game hunter.

Last edited:
Hell I know of many .25 caliber rifles making 60-70 fpe with ease, thats standard for an Impact with 700mm barrel shooting 33.95s
And that's fine if you want a long barreled gun. I don't I'm on the other end with the short carbines and bullpups. 10"-16" is max I'll go on a barrel anymore. And those guns should make that power. Guns like the Evol, Taipan Short and Lelya 2.0 can do that.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_