The RAW HM1000 Micro Hunter!

Corny is just a total RAW hater. For a backpack gun all I need is 20 fpe for squirrels, starlings, collard doves, turkey, rabbits and other small game. I’m not out shooting hogs with a pellet gun lol. My HM1000x with a folding buffer tube is plenty compact anyways and I use that for larger game.

You can never go wrong with RAW. They are absolute tack drivers.
I disagree. I’ve had many conversations with corny where he’s recommended I try a raw.
Just looks like he’s not a fan of airforce era raws. There’s a few on the forum that feel the same way. Sometimes manufacturers change things in their guns to improve, or cut costs. It’s the nature of ANY business. Some don’t mind, so do. No reason to call him a hater. He’s already said he’s owned many raws. He’s entitled to his opinion like anyone else here!

That not saying much. Me and you rarely agree. My experience contradicts his. Plane and simple , one could even argue that the product has improved under Air Force. Only the stocks have changed and that’s not much. Air Force didn’t get into the high end Airgun market to make a product worse. That doesn’t make business sense whatsoever.
Whether we agree or not, I’m stating facts. You’re stating opinions. Hope it works out for ya!

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I honestly don’t have anything bad to say about my new/old RAWs or Thomas. I can sure rip on your beloved Edgun’s all day long though.

This exchange isn’t getting anywhere, or proving anything.

You started it and I’ll finish it. Try to have yourself a good evening.
Exactly! Rip away buddy! Now we know you’re a troll, and will badmouth anything else, we’ll all know to take your information with a grain of salt! Good luck in your future on this forum!

I had a bad experience with an Edgun and that’s trolling? So others can be entitled to an opinion and I can’t? You’re not making sense.
If I had a dollar for every bad experience I had with an air gun I’d be rich. You won’t find me here bad mouthing a certain brand because of it. Btw, I’ve had those experiences along MANY brands including Edgun, yet, I still own one, and happily shoot it along with my FX’s and others.
opinions Are opinions, but when forcing them on others, it’s called trolling!

C5E8D475-39AD-4A94-9873-BA2398858724.jpeg

I honestly don’t have anything bad to say about my new/old RAWs or Thomas. I can sure rip on your beloved Edgun’s all day long though.

This exchange isn’t getting anywhere, or proving anything.

You started it and I’ll finish it. Try to have yourself a good evening.
you guy have finally figured out a way to fight over the opinion of a gun ! if you keep it respectful there is no fight ! just differences of opinion

Reactions: cavedweller
I just clicked on the micro in the banner. It took me directly to their site. Saw the price, and it’s not $2k so I figured I would order one. Checked the shot count and it was good, then saw the speed and pellet grain used. That’s a no go for me but I respect and believe that they put out accurate information. It saves me from trying to make the gun something it’s not or just selling it. So the Evol mini is now back on my purchase list from them.

I just clicked on the micro in the banner. It took me directly to their site. Saw the price, and it’s not $2k so I figured I would order one. Checked the shot count and it was good, then saw the speed and pellet grain used. That’s a no go for me but I respect and believe that they put out accurate information. It saves me from trying to make the gun something it’s not or just selling it. So the Evol mini is now back on my purchase list from them.
You won't be disappointed in the Evol mini brother. Basically 30fpe for 30 shots with 135cc is doable.

I checked this out the other day but didn't see the part where they did shot count. 30 shots at 20fpe from a 210cc bottle is disappointing. RAW isn't known for power or efficiency. I noticed the shoot up to 25fpe and should have known that was a max not it's sweet spot.

Reactions: swNCsw
You won't be disappointed in the Evol mini brother. Basically 30fpe for 30 shots with 135cc is doable.

I checked this out the other day but didn't see the part where they did shot count. 30 shots at 20fpe from a 210cc bottle is disappointing. RAW isn't known for power or efficiency. I noticed the shoot up to 25fpe and should have known that was a max not it's sweet spot.
Is 30fpe the evol mini sweet spot? I thought that was also maxed out. If it is, I’m even more anxious to get my hands on one. Lol

I had to chuckle when I was looking at the Micro’s stats. Look at it from a businessman’s standpoint. Ok, we have a $1,700 built like a tank gun. It’s a little cutie so guys are going to love it. Shoot it through the chronograph with an 18.1 because they are the most popular. Oh crap. Shoot it through the chronograph again with the second most popular 15.89. Oh crap. Hey Joe, what is the lightest lead pellet in .22 and do we have any. Ok finally we eclipsed 800fps with a 13.43 even though most .22 guys don’t even know that pellet exists. It does but is can be a tricky bugger. My opinion, just not easy to sell a $1,700 gun with a 700fps speed rating and call it a Hunter. I’m sure it will be a great gun for a guy with a wallet and low power shooting environment. But I’m probably like most guys who prefers to always have more power than needed for hunting. Way easier to dumb a gun down than to always be shooting stuff tip toeing on the edge of being underpowered. As far as wasting air goes, it’s pretty simple. With barrels as short as the Mini and Micro have, you are gonna be wasting some air to spit pellets at the speeds that guys find appealing enough to buy the gun. As long as the gun manages the dirty air and is accurate, you just have to be happy. Both of these guns on a sipping air tune with a great shot count and low muzzle report would probably be in the 12 ftlb club because of their barrel lengths.

@Vetmx, I agree as far as the shot count numbers being low, particularly for the .22, why not more shots from that bottle? But when did 700 FPS become the threshold for a hunting PCP? Small game species like rabbits and squirrels can be hunted with such a gun. I would say that those buying this type of gun are not looking to “power up” these small platforms. While I am not a numbers guys this platform seems inefficient in its air usage. Maybe there is room to improve those “shot count” numbers. Those chasing more power should use another gun.

R.A.W. - Micro Hunter Rifle - Made In The USA - RapidAirWorx.com.png

@Vetmx: saw your post and had to go look at the specs and you were not kidding about the lack of power especially given the shot count and bottle size. Now I’m curious if anyone tried one, I bet the it barks like the biggest chihuahua . 🤣🤣🤣

At that price I’d rather get a Brocock ranger……if I had to choose at that price range.

Last edited:
@Vetmx, I agree as far as the shot count numbers being low, particularly for the .22, why not more shots from that bottle? But when did 700 FPS become the threshold for a hunting PCP? Small game species like rabbits and squirrels can be hunted with such a gun. I would say that those buying this type of gun are not looking to “power up” these small platforms. While I am not a numbers guys this platform seems inefficient in its air usage. Maybe there is room to improve those “shot count” numbers. Those chasing more power should use another gun.

View attachment 354265
I’m not trying to argue because I’ve always respected your opinions but squirrel and rabbit can be hunted with a BB gun. But the 700fps pellet poppers won’t. Us 900fps guys feel the same about a pokey .22. If one of those low power guns was going to be my one and only, I could do it. But Airguns are just like my archery equipment. My brain has been trained for a 285fps 425gr arrow for the last couple decades. My brain is also calibrated for pellets at the upper end of their speed spectrum. I think I’ll be fine with the Evol Mini whenever the itch gets so bad that I have to scratch it.

Reactions: qball and L.Leon