The RAW HM1000 Micro Hunter!

Respectable velocity? What is that? Is there a number? My current rig only shoot 725 fps with 14.3 gr CPHPs. Many dead critters, out to 64 yards, have found it “respectable”. They have been simply overwhelmed by the low power.🤓 I understand the need for more power, but trying to shoehorn it into smaller packages? Seems counterintuitive to the mini carbines role in the first place. Horse for courses.

Reactions: Headshots
I’m not trying to argue because I’ve always respected your opinions but squirrel and rabbit can be hunted with a BB gun. But the 700fps pellet poppers won’t. Us 900fps guys feel the same about a pokey .22. If one of those low power guns was going to be my one and only, I could do it. But Airguns are just like my archery equipment. My brain has been trained for a 285fps 425gr arrow for the last couple decades. My brain is also calibrated for pellets at the upper end of their speed spectrum. I think I’ll be fine with the Evol Mini whenever the itch gets so bad that I have to scratch it.
But would you “recommend” hunting rabbits and squirrels with a BB gun… Would you? Can it be done, ethically, humanely, by those with moderate skills? Just respectfully disagreeing… To put it back on track I like the Micro Hunter and hope they sell a bunch.

Reactions: Gzman
I don’t see any problem with the shot counts. I’ve chopped plenty of barrels and in order to keep any respectable velocity they waste air. Those are quality guns and I guarantee if you turned one down to true putt putt status it would be an amazingly efficient gun. Just couldn’t sell but 3 of them to guys from the UK.

I don’t mind low shot count, I don’t mind low power, but low shot count AND low power from a descent sized bottle simply means inefficiency. Not a surprise because regular RAW with long barrel is inefficient with a mean bark, cut the barrel down by half without changing the hammer definitely creates a very inefficient, low power and loud gun. However, I'm still surprised to see that low of power. Max 23 FPE in .22 cal is pretty poopy even with twice the shot count.

I actually tried to tune a RAW and it can't really be turned up or down that much without some machining, the hammer is simply way too heavy, the internal passages are narrow, the valve is small inefficient and difficult to open, plenum is too small. Hence the hammer is so heavy and the dwell is so long and power is mediocre even with a long barrel with reg set at 170 bars from the factory. Unless you get @mubhaur's upgraded valve and plenum or get @Motorhead to do a heart and lung transplant the RAW is just not efficient, quiet or powerful. It is however very consistent so good for people who doesn't like to change nor want more power.

EDIT: when it comes to a micro hunter if only FX makes a Panthera with front 300cc bottle, 380mm barrel with folding stock shooting light to medium slugs at 900fps.......that would be one helluva bad itch for me! LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Vetmx
Is 30fpe the evol mini sweet spot? I thought that was also maxed out. If it is, I’m even more anxious to get my hands on one. Lol
I have mine tuned at 900fps with 16gr and it can be turned up a decent bit. It was tuned for 880fps with 18gr when I got it from Derrick but I don't shoot 18gr anymore so dropped alittle for the sweet spot on the 16gr. Tom says if the reg is at 2400 can shoot the 20.2gr NSAs at 860fps. But such a sweet shooter where it's at and so quiet.

I had to chuckle when I was looking at the Micro’s stats. Look at it from a businessman’s standpoint. Ok, we have a $1,700 built like a tank gun. It’s a little cutie so guys are going to love it. Shoot it through the chronograph with an 18.1 because they are the most popular. Oh crap. Shoot it through the chronograph again with the second most popular 15.89. Oh crap. Hey Joe, what is the lightest lead pellet in .22 and do we have any. Ok finally we eclipsed 800fps with a 13.43 even though most .22 guys don’t even know that pellet exists. It does but is can be a tricky bugger. My opinion, just not easy to sell a $1,700 gun with a 700fps speed rating and call it a Hunter. I’m sure it will be a great gun for a guy with a wallet and low power shooting environment. But I’m probably like most guys who prefers to always have more power than needed for hunting. Way easier to dumb a gun down than to always be shooting stuff tip toeing on the edge of being underpowered. As far as wasting air goes, it’s pretty simple. With barrels as short as the Mini and Micro have, you are gonna be wasting some air to spit pellets at the speeds that guys find appealing enough to buy the gun. As long as the gun manages the dirty air and is accurate, you just have to be happy. Both of these guns on a sipping air tune with a great shot count and low muzzle report would probably be in the 12 ftlb club because of their barrel lengths.
Lol yeah I agree. I was expecting more from it. For $1700 it should have much better specs. I think a gun with those specs is fine for close range pesting and in barns. I'm looking to fill that role myself. But for that much money? Hell think of this, the Umarex Notos with a 3" longer barrel and only 65cc of air can get 21 shots at 20fpe. Don't get me wrong quality I'm sure is definitely a very big difference but for those kind of stats and $269 vs $1695 which gun are people gonna go with? Yeah I have a Notos pre-ordered lol.

Efficiency is hard to get out of short barreled guns. You'd be really surprised just how well the Mini does though at those power levels. 100yds is very easy to shoot with it. And noise level is quieter than my Mrods were. Just a gun that impresses me every time I shoot it. Again for the price it should though.

EDIT: when it comes to a micro hunter if only FX makes a Panthera with front 300cc bottle, 380mm barrel with folding stock shooting light to medium slugs at 900fps.......that would be one helluva bad itch for me! LOL
I agree! I'd be fine with the rear bottle though to keep the ARCA up front for my tripod. Have the plenum fully enclose the barrel with just the threads sticking out for a moderator. Awesome little hunter

Reactions: qball
I agree! I'd be fine with the rear bottle though to keep the ARCA up front for my tripod. Have the plenum fully enclose the barrel with just the threads sticking out for a moderator. Awesome little hunter

FX will mostly like to release a compact this year!! A 25-30 cal version of this thing will just be nuts! The valve is so efficient I venture to guess it can shoot the 30cal hybrid at 900fps range, that will be one mean little compact.

Looking at picture below you can see they can either add folding stock which is what I like or move the bottle back and add short rail like what you want! One crazy modular and customizable platform. It’s going to be the new AR platform of airgun for the next few years!!! Even without folding stock this picture gives me a bad itch, I foresee a 600mm and a 380mm Panthera burning itch soon!!! 🤣🤣🤣
1683469699457.jpeg

Sorry RAW/Airforce, you guys sat on your hands way too long. Please redesign your valve and give us something from this decade like the Panthera or Leshiy 2!

Last edited:
I had to chuckle when I was looking at the Micro’s stats. Look at it from a businessman’s standpoint. Ok, we have a $1,700 built like a tank gun. It’s a little cutie so guys are going to love it. Shoot it through the chronograph with an 18.1 because they are the most popular. Oh crap. Shoot it through the chronograph again with the second most popular 15.89. Oh crap. Hey Joe, what is the lightest lead pellet in .22 and do we have any. Ok finally we eclipsed 800fps with a 13.43 even though most .22 guys don’t even know that pellet exists. It does but is can be a tricky bugger. My opinion, just not easy to sell a $1,700 gun with a 700fps speed rating and call it a Hunter. I’m sure it will be a great gun for a guy with a wallet and low power shooting environment. But I’m probably like most guys who prefers to always have more power than needed for hunting. Way easier to dumb a gun down than to always be shooting stuff tip toeing on the edge of being underpowered. As far as wasting air goes, it’s pretty simple. With barrels as short as the Mini and Micro have, you are gonna be wasting some air to spit pellets at the speeds that guys find appealing enough to buy the gun. As long as the gun manages the dirty air and is accurate, you just have to be happy. Both of these guns on a sipping air tune with a great shot count and low muzzle report would probably be in the 12 ftlb club because of their barrel lengths.
Yeah…standard hm1000x needs a 125-130bar reg for 18gr jsb.
If they didn’t revamp the valve system….can’t see how that will get any better

FX will mostly like to release a compact this year!! A 25-30 cal version of this thing will just be nuts! The valve is so efficient I venture to guess it can shoot the 30cal hybrid at 900fps range, that will be one mean little compact.

Looking at picture below you can see they can either add folding stock which is what I like or move the bottle back and add short rail like what you want! One crazy modular and customizable platform. It’s going to be the new AR platform of airgun for the next few years!!! Even without folding stock this picture gives me a bad itch, I foresee a 600mm and a 380mm Panthera burning itch soon!!! 🤣🤣🤣
View attachment 354347

Sorry RAW/Airforce, you guys sat on your hands way too long. Please redesign your valve and give us something from this decade like the Panthera or Leshiy 2!
The compact is coming. AirTac hunting (South African boys) posted a video Friday of a hunter model with a 280mm barrel and double bottles. It would be easy enough to just run a front or rear bottle to cut weight. The panthera block is going to have infinite possibilities going forward. It’s going to be an exciting year.

That being said. I still want an evol mini!
The ruggedness of that platform alone gives it the winning spot as a perfect backpacker/truck gun, and I won a leshiy 2 already.

Reactions: Dairyboy and qball
The compact is coming. AirTac hunting (South African boys) posted a video Friday of a hunter model with a 280mm barrel and double bottles. It would be easy enough to just run a front or rear bottle to cut weight. The panthera block is going to have infinite possibilities going forward. It’s going to be an exciting year.

That being said. I still want an evol mini!
The ruggedness of that platform alone gives it the winning spot as a perfect backpacker/truck gun, and I won a leshiy 2 already.

When it comes to hunting it’s really hard to beat L2…..especially shooting slugs like boss with FX liners adapted. Maybe one day I’ll finally breakdown and get a L2 bit I don’t really hunt.🤔😝🤣

When it comes to hunting it’s really hard to beat L2…..especially shooting slugs like boss with FX liners adapted. Maybe one day I’ll finally breakdown and get a L2 bit I don’t really hunt.🤔😝🤣
I think key work in that sentence was slugs. I don’t shoot slugs much at all, so the L2 while a nice platform, is overkill for what I use it for. I actually just converted it to a 30cal using an fx 500mm barrel to see how it does. It works well as a 30. Loud, but accurate and easy to shoot. I might keep it like this, and then get an evol or something similar for my backpack gun (the L2 won’t fit a backpack now with the 500 barrel 😭).

Reactions: qball
I think key work in that sentence was slugs. I don’t shoot slugs much at all, so the L2 while a nice platform, is overkill for what I use it for. I actually just converted it to a 30cal using an fx 500mm barrel to see how it does. It works well as a 30. Loud, but accurate and easy to shoot. I might keep it like this, and then get an evol or something similar for my backpack gun (the L2 won’t fit a backpack now with the 500 barrel 😭).

Get a 380mm 30cal FX barrel and it will be awesome.

I already have the Brian barrel system for a 25. That was a good group at 100yds with the hybrids. Maybe I’ll go that route instead. Still cheaper than 30cal or an evol 🤣

I’m sure you can get the 380 barrel to work with the L2. A 380mm L2 flex is just having your cake and eat it too combo!!!

Reactions: madeintheuk
Respectable velocity? What is that? Is there a number? My current rig only shoot 725 fps with 14.3 gr CPHPs. Many dead critters, out to 64 yards, have found it “respectable”. They have been simply overwhelmed by the low power.🤓 I understand the need for more power, but trying to shoehorn it into smaller packages? Seems counterintuitive to the mini carbines role in the first place. Horse for courses.

I grew up shooting airguns like crossman 2100 , my brother had a .20 Sheridan pump and it was definitely more powerful than mine. Then I met a Beeman dealer and purchased a FWB 124D . My lower powered airguns always worked back then and my 13 fpe Prod still does its job today. And a 23-24 fpe airgun still packs a punch on smaller game or pests. I like my higher power airguns but haven't forgotten how much it actually takes to drop smaller game or pests.

Reactions: L.Leon
I have to agree / since most Diablo pellets fly best at 869-880 fps IMO