The RAW HM1000 Micro Hunter!

Anyone know what the ship date on these is? I believe they were supposed to be shipping by now.

They were supposed to ship over 2 years ago, many way better options out there. The Panthera compact is simply nuts, it's not even in the same zip code compared to the RAW micro hunter that can only hunt sparrows, maybe a pigeon but better watch the shot placement.

Tyler Patner did a review of the .25 on Pyramyd Insider. What a joke it was. 15 shots at 30fpe. Accuracy wasn't anything special. Like @qball mentioned there are better choices. Evol Mini, Panthera Hunter and BRK Pathfinder XR.

It was not easy to find the video, almost like they don't want people to find the video.

Caption contest: what does the reviewer/Tylor's facial expression in the video thumbnail picture say?

I hope he doesn’t catch any flack for his review. I don’t watch many reviews because I think they are BS. But if someone gets mad about this one, it would be like getting mad at someone for reading an instruction manual in a video.
It shouldn't make people mad unless they watch it after the fact they bought one and realize they wasted money lol

Reactions: joelayfield
What a steaming pile of disappointment. Dad got a micro hunter. After shooting my panthera hunter all summer, I was unimpressed by the look and feel of the raw.

Chrono’d the raw. 650fps…and falling. Discovered the bolt probe needed adjustment. It’s threaded, so can be adjusted by turning in or out. Nothing was holding it in place, though. Called tech support who said the probe should be held by blue loctite. No problem. Good to go.

Velocity was still only about 640fps with 18gn pellets. The tech said it wasn’t unreasonable to tune the gun to about 900 fps.

After spending most of an afternoon tuning this thing, couldn’t get velocity above 660. Did get about 750 with 15.8gn and called it good. Increasing reg pressure beyond that point caused velocity to drop. I’m new to tuning Aurguns, so figured it’s just a thing. This one obviously isn’t really meant to be tuned.

Dad hadn’t shot the rifle beyond about 20ft in the yard. Got to the range today to sight in at 50 yds. Found the pellets wouldn’t even make it 50 yards. Velocity continued to slow. A pellet got stuck in the barrel. We quit.

Troubleshooting at home, found the barrel was loose. It came right off in my hand. Got that tightened and all is good again.

Not huge problems, yet frustrating and time consuming. Seems like a qc issue, leaving the shop with loose parts.

I’m not expecting great things from this rifle at 50 yards. My fx, on the other hand, shoots sub moa at 100 all day long.

What a steaming pile of disappointment. Dad got a micro hunter. After shooting my panthera hunter all summer, I was unimpressed by the look and feel of the raw.

Chrono’d the raw. 650fps…and falling. Discovered the bolt probe needed adjustment. It’s threaded, so can be adjusted by turning in or out. Nothing was holding it in place, though. Called tech support who said the probe should be held by blue loctite. No problem. Good to go.

Velocity was still only about 640fps with 18gn pellets. The tech said it wasn’t unreasonable to tune the gun to about 900 fps.

After spending most of an afternoon tuning this thing, couldn’t get velocity above 660. Did get about 750 with 15.8gn and called it good. Increasing reg pressure beyond that point caused velocity to drop. I’m new to tuning Aurguns, so figured it’s just a thing. This one obviously isn’t really meant to be tuned.

Dad hadn’t shot the rifle beyond about 20ft in the yard. Got to the range today to sight in at 50 yds. Found the pellets wouldn’t even make it 50 yards. Velocity continued to slow. A pellet got stuck in the barrel. We quit.

Troubleshooting at home, found the barrel was loose. It came right off in my hand. Got that tightened and all is good again.

Not huge problems, yet frustrating and time consuming. Seems like a qc issue, leaving the shop with loose parts.

I’m not expecting great things from this rifle at 50 yards. My fx, on the other hand, shoots sub moa at 100 all day long.
The barrel coming loose is not cool especially since they use 3 large grubs to hold it. The newer HM probes are indeed locite . BM & TM are not & use a different system to hold then from threading in or out. When you put barrel back in how did you index it for port alignment.?

Reactions: Dairyboy
The barrel coming loose is not cool especially since they use 3 large grubs to hold it. The newer HM probes are indeed locite . BM & TM are not & use a different system to hold then from threading in or out. When you put barrel back in how did you index it for port alignment.?
Honestly I just eyeballed it. Seems fine. What’s a better way to align the port?

I’ll need to double check that. Thanks!
Also If you look at the RAW link at PA cup 2024, one of those RAW's has an index lock bushing on front of his receiver. Cloud9AG posted a link there to the company that sells the SS plenum extension & they also produce that index lock. Kind of a cool deal for those that like to pull RAW barrels for cleaning etc....

Also If you look at the RAW link at PA cup 2024, one of those RAW's has an index lock bushing on front of his receiver. Cloud9AG posted a link there to the company that sells the SS plenum extension & they also produce that index lock. Kind of a cool deal for those that like to pull RAW barrels for cleaning etc....
Cool. Thanks.

Double checked that. Ran it over chronograph. Velocity was good, 750fps for several shots.

Refilled rifle with air. Velocity dropped to 630, increasing steadily to 700fps over 25 shots. Repeated. Same result. Not happy.

It’s under warranty. Gonna send it back.

• Wow
Reactions: Motorhead
Cool. Thanks.

Double checked that. Ran it over chronograph. Velocity was good, 750fps for several shots.

Refilled rifle with air. Velocity dropped to 630, increasing steadily to 700fps over 25 shots. Repeated. Same result. Not happy.

It’s under warranty. Gonna send it back.
yeah, I'd be miffed too. Hopefully ya get it back quick & fixed.