• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Resources The shoulder / Butt question

It was decided that the soles of both feet needed to be on the ground in the "open" shooting position. Thats been done away with, and rules have been pretty much static at EFT events since that time.
Was this the "criss-cross apple sauce" rule? Or was there a gynecologist shooting with his feet in the stirrups and lighting the world on fire?

BTW, I appreciate your use of "open" as opposed to open. The subtext I am reading into this is "How can it be an open position if you are telling me what to do with my feet?" I may be incorrect, but it amuses me to read your post that way.

Reactions: Centercut
Was this the "criss-cross apple sauce" rule? Or was there a gynecologist shooting with his feet in the stirrups and lighting the world on fire?

BTW, I appreciate your use of "open" as opposed to open. The subtext I am reading into this is "How can it be an open position if you are telling me what to do with my feet?" I may be incorrect, but it amuses me to read your post that way.

Yeah, the intent was to keep it fair since not everyone can get in the dead-man position, but most people CAN sit on a stool/bucket and use a bipod/shooting sticks.

Yet another example for a specific rule having a reason behind its creation. AAFTA rule book is full of them also. And sounds like another one regarding butthooks is coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloud9AG