This for ammo lube ?

np, yah, if i was ever minded to do such a thing id probaby get a small bottle of tungsten disulfide and a bottle of graphite powder, 50/50 it in a ziploc baggy, just alittle in the bottom, and dump 1/4 tin at a time in and jostle them around a bit and dump them out in another tin till they was all done heheh .. pretty nasty stuff and not cheap so sparingly id say .. will go a long way .. probly work good on hammers and bolts and other things to ..

I think the chain wax will be fine. I use a Lyman case lube pad and Super Lube silicone grease with teflon. I put it on the pad pretty heavy then spread it with a plastic card. It looks like too much at first but it keeps soaking into the pad and looks dry again. Once you get the pad loaded well it just leaves a film on your ammo as you roll it across. I shoot slugs 95% of the time.

While ballistol (a mineral oil like baby oil) will work it does have a fairly strong smell and will gum up over time. For a hunting gun where you want as little oder as possible I'd stick with a silicone oil because it doesn't smell, never dries or gums up and keeps o-rings in good shape.

Use whatever makes you happy because that's what matters most.

Lots of people try different sprays. Bees wax (spray), lemon pledge, ballistic, and lots of others chain wax included. The important part is to not spray/poor directly on the pellets, spray a cloth or paper towel and then add pellets to mix them around a bit. No need to fill the pellet base with junk, don't over do it. IMH I wouldn't use silicone alone it's not a metal to metal lube, but yep it is good for orings. Most waxes will not hurt orings.

Last edited:
I have played around with various lubes for many years. The only thing I know for sure.....nothing. But I'll say, I've never lubed with anything that I can say for sure improved accuracy or barrel maintenance. Years ago I used the brown box Crosman Premier pellets. They were the dirtiest pellets I've ever used, but one of the best. I washed them, then shot them lubed and not, and I cannot report any difference. So, do what works for you.

I have tried and used several different products for pellet lube. The only one that I have actually been able to tell a difference when using verses non washed and lubed pellets is this stuff pictured below. I have used this stuff on every tin of pellets through both my springers and PCP's with good results for a good while now. I found it on Amazon and it works well for me.

Dupont.jpg