This morning’s project

This morning’s project was to put my shooting bench firmly “in the ground” with concrete and still be removable.
This table is covered and is facing my 25/50 yard Bench Rest and FT dope range.
Goal was to get rid of the long tripod legs BEFORE I broke my arse 🥴 or toes again!
When I lift the table I have a flat plate insert that fills the 2.4” hole so its level and no longer a trip hazard.
IMG_8166.jpeg

Last edited:
Same?

Reactions: PowderBurnt
This morning’s project was to put my shooting bench firmly “in the ground” with concrete and still be removable.
This table is covered and is facing my 25/50 yard Bench Rest and FT dope range.
Goal was to get rid of the long tripod legs BEFORE I broke my arse 🥴 or toes again!
When I lift the table I have a flat plate insert that fills the 2.4” hole so its level and no longer a trip hazard.
View attachment 495515
seat is on amazon

Same?
probably i got mine on amazon a they swivel may be cheaper at the farm store?

I think your new bench looks great and sturdier than mine. I built this new one earlier this year. It's all construction lumber with 3 legs laminated out of 2x4s and a top made of glued together 2x6 pieces. The single back leg was a bit shaky until I used a figure 8 piece normally used to attach table tops to screw the back edge to the porch rail. That made it a lot more solid. Solid enough for me. Fortunately I don't use this porch for anything else so the bench can just stay set up. The finish is the same Behr house paint on the porch. I have leg adjusters on the bottom of each leg so I could level it up.

For seating I use a rolling mechanics stool from Harbor Freight. I wanted it a bit higher so I screwed on a couple 2x4 scraps. I like the ability to roll around while seated. It's pretty inexpensive.

Caiman X on new bench.jpg

Reactions: cavedweller
Nice setup.
My chair in our shot shed have wheels on it, So i can scoot back and forth if i am alone.
Mind you the new top plate on the oven behind me, it do take up a little room. but it was the best option i could find that did not cost a fortune.

My chair though, it is only temporary, it do belong in my friends house, so we are looking for a new one for me to shoot from.

I think your new bench looks great and sturdier than mine. I built this new one earlier this year. It's all construction lumber with 3 legs laminated out of 2x4s and a top made of glued together 2x6 pieces. The single back leg was a bit shaky until I used a figure 8 piece normally used to attach table tops to screw the back edge to the porch rail. That made it a lot more solid. Solid enough for me. Fortunately I don't use this porch for anything else so the bench can just stay set up. The finish is the same Behr house paint on the porch. I have leg adjusters on the bottom of each leg so I could level it up.

For seating I use a rolling mechanics stool from Harbor Freight. I wanted it a bit higher so I screwed on a couple 2x4 scraps. I like the ability to roll around while seated. It's pretty inexpensive.

View attachment 495562
Are you a lefty?

Nice set up
didn't you just get a stool? or just prefer the bucket? :unsure:
I have a throne portable Drummer seat that I just bought for bench rest, it’s inside my air conditioned garage at the moment… my HFT bucket was just nearby to test my outdoor Bench. This picture is a friend using my indoor bench setup.
IMG_7766.jpeg