Hi Thomas,
Looks like Rick Rehm(Shooter 1721) is using your 100 yrd targets in his video
well, the look the same as the one you made..lol
can clearly see them at the about 14:20 mark
Hello @manabeknives

Yes, you are correct, that is nice.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

I have created a new target of a Squirrel Silhouette full scale. I have colored in the body so that it can be seen easily when using a DOT Scope out to 50 yards. I have also added a “kill zone” located at the head with three (3) scoring rings, ( 10, 9, 8 ) if you wish to use this for a “scoring target”. This photo is a jpg.file to see what the printed target will look like. For a full scale to be printed on standard 8-1/2 x 11 paper download the pdf.file attached below.

ThomasT

Squirrel - Silhouette.jpg2.jpg

View attachment squirrel - silhouette.pdf

I wanted to make a target to test my Atomic high and low transfer port setting. I am looking for a pellet that groups the best at both those settings. Ideally the group will be directly below the high power group. I plan on using this at 10m for initial testing. It's been a work in progess for the last few days.
I print my targets mostly on target paper, so not pure white.

The boxes are 1" and the white dot is 1/4"

View attachment 490741

View attachment 490742
Where do you get your target paper, please?
I tried an Amazon search and a Google search and came up empty.
Thanks
Edward

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

I have created a new target of a Squirrel Silhouette full scale. I have colored in the body so that it can be seen easily when using a DOT Scope out to 50 yards. I have also added a “kill zone” located at the head with three (3) scoring rings, ( 10, 9, 8 ) if you wish to use this for a “scoring target”. This photo is a jpg.file to see what the printed target will look like. For a full scale to be printed on standard 8-1/2 x 11 paper download the pdf.file attached below.

ThomasT

View attachment 489171

View attachment 489172
That squirrel looks like it's been hanging out at the feeder too much going by the looks of it's gut ..lol. . 👍

Reactions: Peashooter
Thanks
Edward
Hello Edward,
Just look up off-white or beige printer paper..Staples or Office Depot will have it
normal printer paper is 20lbs ..the higher the weight ..the denser the paper..holes are better defined
some like card stock which is very dense,,i find 24 or 28 lb works better for me ..no elongated rips
Mike

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Thanks
Edward
This is what I use, I ordered 1000 sheets.
Pistoleer target paper

Order Details:

(10)BLANK(8.5x11)(P).

Subtotal: 39.80
Tax [IL]: 0.00
S&H: 15.71 [PSI to 34951]
TOTAL: 55.51 [*]

Hello everyone,

I have designed a new Competition Target specifically for “DOT style” of scopes to be used for Competition scoring. Because of the size of the “Dot” , ( example a 2 MOA Dot ) normally it will cover such a large area on a “standard” rifle or pistol target that you cannot actually see the 10-Ring.

I have created a large 10-Ring ( 1-inch OD ) along with four wide black “alignment bars”, two vertical and two horizontal in the four main Cardinal positions, ( N,S,E,W ). When aiming at this target, even if your Dot covers the 10-Ring you can still center the Dot using the four Cardinal points. A 2-MOA Dot will fit inside the 10-Ring at 10-Feet out to 10-Meters.

I designed this target so that you can shoot it more than one time if you wish to increase the level of competition. The final scoring would be determined by the number of times shot. The design allows for off hand shooting and benchrest shooting for Pistols, Carbines and Rifles.

I have attached a scaled jpg photo showing what the target looks like and also a pdf. file that can be downloaded and saved to be printed. The target should be printed on any material ( standard print paper, card stock, etc. ) that is 8-1/2" x 11". As always I included a “Scale” on the target so that you can confirm your printed copy is the correct size.

Hope you enjoy shooting this with you DOT Scope.
ThomasT
DOT-Scope Competition Target.jpg

View attachment DOT Scope Competition Target.pdf

Reactions: Mr12PM
Hi ThomasT,
Thanks for all the great targets, your effort is greatly appreciated.
I’m going to try your “unofficial 100yard bench rest practise” target and try it for a 30y open sights springer shoot 😉.
Many thanks,
Pete.
Hello @RangerPete

You are welcome and hope you have a great shoot. Shooting open sights at 30-yards will be quite the challenge.

EDIT:
Bye the way, you are welcome to share your shot targets with us on this thread:

ThomasT

Last edited:
Reactions: Hateful McNasty