Thormolds, anyone swaging with them?

@Ta-Ta Toothie No Complaints here either, slugs have been consistent. Only complaint was die was too large. The Vulcan 3 was supposed to be .3063 but mine actually is .3055, I slugged my barrel. Stupid me should have done that first before ordering the press so that is why the slugs are so damn tight. As long as I shoot light slugs the breach closes ok but I do like shooting 65gn slugs for more penetration on coyotes but haven't seen a damn coyote forever so no biggie. Closing the breach on a 65gn slug is way too hard, afraid I'll bend the probe so lighter slugs it is. They still group great. Here's what I'm shooting now ...54gn

1000004614.png

@Ta-Ta Toothie No Complaints here either, slugs have been consistent. Only complaint was die was too large. The Vulcan 3 was supposed to be .3063 but mine actually is .3055, I slugged my barrel. Stupid me should have done that first before ordering the press so that is why the slugs are so damn tight. As long as I shoot light slugs the breach closes ok but I do like shooting 65gn slugs for more penetration on coyotes but haven't seen a damn coyote forever so no biggie. Closing the breach on a 65gn slug is way too hard, afraid I'll bend the probe so lighter slugs it is. They still group great. Here's what I'm shooting now ...54gn

View attachment 478610
Although another step and expense, you could try a NOE resize die. Take a .305 and polish it up a few .0001

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
I was just wondering why he wasn’t using one instead of forcing oversized slugs into the breech. Good suggestion.
Not hard to close breach with light slugs, talked to a machine shop near me and they said they can do a custom die for me. I'd rather pay for a new die then the extra steps and time for resizing but thanks for the ideas

Reactions: dgeesaman