• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thormolds, anyone swaging with them?

Here are a few 105 yard and 150 yard shots with the Thor Slugs. 34gr @ 990 fps. Wind was @ 15 mph with gusts.

105 yard 6 shots.
1000006385.jpg

150 yards. 3" had 6 shots, and 2 each for the 2" squares.
1000006386.jpg

1000006384.jpg

1000006382.jpg

I wanted to give an update on my experience with Thor Molds Press. On May 8th 2024 I received the Thor Molds Press. Unfortunately the die was wrong size. I had ordered a custom sized die in .3063 caliber and the die I received was .30745 , the slug was so tight in the barrel the pin to seat the slug put a hole in the slug

You can see in the images the slug in .3063 is the AVS slug I had been shooting, the slug in .30745 was made from the thor molds press and die I received. Whatever, poop happens and they said they would remake the die and I should have it around May 22nd.

May 24th I emailed them asking for an update and the 26th I finally got a reply saying it would be another 2 weeks.

It’s June 19th and I haven’t heard from them or had any updates since June 3rd.

At this point I would never recommend Thor Molds

1000003058.jpg

1000003050.jpg

1000003049.jpg

I wanted to give an update on my experience with Thor Molds Press. On May 8th 2024 I received the Thor Molds Press. Unfortunately the die was wrong size. I had ordered a custom sized die in .3063 caliber and the die I received was .30745 , the slug was so tight in the barrel the pin to seat the slug put a hole in the slug

You can see in the images the slug in .3063 is the AVS slug I had been shooting, the slug in .30745 was made from the thor molds press and die I received. Whatever, poop happens and they said they would remake the die and I should have it around May 22nd.

May 24th I emailed them asking for an update and the 26th I finally got a reply saying it would be another 2 weeks.

View attachment 473555

View attachment 473556

View attachment 473557
I'm a little confused. I thought you were having great results? So you haven't been using the slugs produced with the press? And just a heads up, they had mentioned taking a vacation posted on here not to long ago.

Reactions: Ezana4CE

View attachment 473555

View attachment 473556

View attachment 473557
I thought you had a .3063 die and made quite a bit of slugs with them?

I thought you had a .3063 die and made quite a bit of slugs with them?
I've been using the oversized die...slugs are just too tight. I didn't want to say anything negative about them before since they said they'd send me the new die but they haven't and I'm getting annoyed now.
I'm a little surprised that .00115 made is so tight you were able to punch a hole in it. Could it be possible that the .3063 you were running was already pushing the limits?
Yeah, .3063 was about the limit
Other than that the slugs are consistent, just I am using the wrong caliber.

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
I'm a little confused. I thought you were having great results? So you haven't been using the slugs produced with the press? And just a heads up, they had mentioned taking a vacation posted on here not to long ago.
I've been using the slugs in .30745 but it's hard as hell closing the breach. Like Ken said I'm just hoping I don't wind up bending the probe

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
I'm a little surprised that .00115 made is so tight you were able to punch a hole in it. Could it be possible that the .3063 you were running was already pushing the limits?
If it wasn't for the die being too large I would have no issues with the press. With the slug being so tight in the barrel I know I'm losing a little velocity but it still groups well...1" groups at 100 yards but it's just way too hard closing the breach and leading the barrel a lot, I clean it after every shoot.
Hopefully they get me the correct sized die and it will all be good. Just frustrated they haven't made good on the correct one yet.