• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thormolds, anyone swaging with them?

If it wasn't for the die being too large I would have no issues with the press. With the slug being so tight in the barrel I know I'm losing a little velocity but it still groups well...1" groups at 100 yards but it's just way too hard closing the breach and leading the barrel a lot, I clean it after every shoot.
Hopefully they get me the correct sized die and it will all be good. Just frustrated they haven't made good on the correct one yet.
Hopefully they get back soon from vacation and make it right.

If it wasn't for the die being too large I would have no issues with the press. With the slug being so tight in the barrel I know I'm losing a little velocity but it still groups well...1" groups at 100 yards but it's just way too hard closing the breach and leading the barrel a lot, I clean it after every shoot.
Hopefully they get me the correct sized die and it will all be good. Just frustrated they haven't made good on the correct one yet.
From time to time, he would take a vacation. In actuality, these were the times he was in jail.

From time to time, he would take a vacation. In actuality, these were the times he was in jail.
Fact, speculation or sour grapes?

I'll add a bit more substance, ThorMolds up until last year, were sold by waffenspectr. Still many posts on his Facebook page.

What happened I don't know.

ThorMolds has a history but he has talent. Manufacturing something not tolerated lightly in his country.

The guy tried to step up, market himself, then a former business partner tries to throw him under a bus.

Simply my thoughts and observations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
I am just a spectator in this thread I don't make my own slugs, but I am resizing pellets, so kind of inclined with math.
Whatever number you measured your barrel but + 5 microns is plenty of oversize. And btw your parts manufactured somewhere in the metric world if you let them know this they will make it that way.
Not sure if this helps you any...

I'll add a bit more substance, ThorMolds up until last year, were sold by waffenspectr. Still many posts on his Facebook page.

ThorMolds has a history but he has talent. Manufacturing something not tolerated lightly in his country.

The guy tried to step up, market himself, then a former business partner tries to throw him under a bus.

Wow, but this type of story honestly doesn’t surprise me.

I will add something to your speculation, up to certain time, he was only selling pellet molds, then he suddenly started to sell slug swaging press? Do you know how was that possible, because he stole my design, dude can't even understand the working of slug press. So if someone stole your design and make slight changes to the design and started to sell it as their own would you be happy,? And all those years i invested my time and tried to teach all aspects of working of press to the dude.

I don't have to throw him "under the bus", his own work ethics will do that for him.

I will add something to your speculation, up to certain time, he was only selling pellet molds, then he suddenly started to sell slug swaging press? Do you know how was that possible, because he stole my design, dude can't even understand the working of slug press. So if someone stole your design and make slight changes to the design and started to sell it as their own would you be happy,? And all those years i invested my time and tried to teach all aspects of working of press to the dude.

I don't have to throw him "under the bus", his own work ethics will do that for him.
I'm genuinely pleased to hear your thoughts and experiences. Better that folks see a wider picture.
The future will reveal all.

As I said prior, simply my thoughts and observations.

Reactions: dgeesaman

How did he steal your design, were you working with him? Were you already producing it?

How did he steal your design, were you working with him? Were you already producing it?
Yes, this was the first prototype

IMG_20230814_100844_155.jpg

20240625_083928.jpg

Last edited:
Well, let me know if you are going to pursue your own thing, I'd check it out.
Yes, especially if it had enough space to accommodate a split pellet swaging die. Reloading presses aren’t quite big enough. Reloading arbor style seating presses aren’t quite strong enough. The dedicated shop arbor presses are big and not useful for other tasks like swaging slugs. At least for me I’d be more keen to dedicate the cash and bench space if it can do multiple things.

Last edited:
There is a fine line between making slugs and making consistent slugs. Accuracy is other bit that I don't want to spill beans about . But I feel that after going through the forum I feel to emphasize that please do triple check and verify what you buy and from whom you buy. Here are some red flags.
  1. Crypto payments,
  2. 3 day refund policy / Paypal payments to a 3rd party, Send to a friend. ( its rubbish, PayPal has a 3 month refund and 6 month claims policy )
  3. No commitment for warranty as per law.
  4. No word about service support / guarantee.
  5. Lack of verified reviews / Doctored footage of performance.
  6. Lack of support mechanism , Helplines, Email etc.
  7. Lack of professionalism.
  8. Circumvented logistics.
I had conversation with Dave of Corbin manufacturing long time back. All he said was "Corbin is No1. Because we had 30 years to come up with a easy to make "C" frame press, But we did not! "