To buy a springer or not to buy a springer?

Not to be negative Sherm, but this thread sure was a waste of time for those all actually trying to helpo_O.
Like trying to help a shopper who has set of criteria that need to be filled ...... they seemingly make an about face when information that his preconceived Want doesn't jive with the answers. No the D56 and HW97 don't make sense for a midnight hunter.

...... So I'm gonna stick with a PCP:oops:.
What do you mean. It helped me make a good decision, no?

Since my ratter recently died, raccoons and rodents returned to my wooden suburb home. I catch a minimum of one rat each night with a trap if I set them.
My preferred method of dispatch is my Sig MPX HPA. 177, however my compressor has been temporarily down now for a month.
This got me looking at fixed barrel springers. Should I have a springer for rats when air supply is not available?
I love that it's a one shot too because that's most likely what would be required each night. I like that they are heavy in weight and hard to cock, because even though I have all my guns locked up all the time when I'm not using them, I do have little ones, including a toddler.
A quiet .177 springer is such a better choice for nightly ratting here.
I been looking at the Diana 56th in .177 and posted this to see others thoughts on the whole subject.
I really don't need a springer, when my compressor is working, and will be working soon, and I'm trying so hard to unclutter. But that Diana 56th looks so sweet and it's a better fit overall. But I really dont need it, do I?
Any help much appreciated.
R9, very accurate and a great trigger
DSCN0248_zpsygyal7ks_resized.jpg

Reactions: Sqwirl57