• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

To PCP or Not PCP…. That is the question

Not all (but MOST) shooters that get into PCP do not go back. Other than some nostalgic revisiting. That’s telling in itself. Buy once, cry once. If you have a dive or paintball shop within driving distance a compressor will never be needed. Just need to invest once in a quality tank setup. Too easy.
It kind of sounds like PCP is the heroin of the Air powered shooting world from all the input to say the least. That is exactly my philosophy: “Buy once, Cry once.” It has served me very well with few exceptions and I hope to avoid this same mistakes again. I pulled the trigger on a compressor and now I’m just waiting for it to arrive.

Reactions: maxtrouble
You didn‘t say what your plans were with an air rifle. For a first air rifle I would suggest a high quality spring rifle and learn to shoot it. It’s rewarding and make you better. Spring rifles are just as accurate as PCP rifles. It’s you as the shooter that can make it happen.
Ah yes, the purpose. That’s the worst thing about getting old…. What were we talking about? Oh yeah, it’s going to see use as a back yard pester and light field and target work. I have some very persistent pigeons and starlings that don’t seem to fear death.

Reactions: DoubleM
I had springers, pumps and co2 for most of my life and instantly desired a PCP when I discovered them. For me it was always a matter of budget. I didn't want to get started until I could afford the full kit... a decent rifle, scope, tank, compressor to fill the tank, fittings, targets, a chrono, ammo... and a piece of property big enough to use them.

It was expensive. It was also worth it.

I had springers, pumps and co2 for most of my life and instantly desired a PCP when I discovered them. For me it was always a matter of budget. I didn't want to get started until I could afford the full kit... a decent rifle, scope, tank, compressor to fill the tank, fittings, targets, a chrono, ammo... and a piece of property big enough to use them.

It was expensive. It was also worth it.
we are not here forever...enjoy.

Start with a springer, always ready to go IMHO without that dependency on tanks, pumps, or electricity. My family loves 'em ... Diana 34's (iron front and rear sights ... not the plastic cr@p), HW30s, HW97K - HWs rock. AA TXs are great but only so much money to go around in my case & kids bang them around. Those springers are more accurate than what you might think when complemented with a good set of young or good eyes!

Start with a springer, always ready to go IMHO without that dependency on tanks, pumps, or electricity. My family loves 'em ... Diana 34's (iron front and rear sights ... not the plastic cr@p), HW30s, HW97K - HWs rock. AA TXs are great but only so much money to go around in my case & kids bang them around. Those springers are more accurate than what you might think when complemented with a good set of young or good eyes!
That 34's a bad motha shut yo mouth

Reactions: SteveV
I was just looking at the 97k’s and wow, So good looking. Then I saw this:

Weihrauch HW97KT .22 Special Edition with Red Laminate​

and I think I see my next bucket list item but damn it’s almost too pretty to touch…. Almost.

IMG_0434.png

That 34's a bad motha shut yo mouth
I've had great luck with the older models from the 90's. Have several and would not hesitate go pick another up if in nice shape. Now, I have not had anything recent from Diana right before that switch to the EMS. Every EMS I tried has been a POS, I had to see if it was common or not ... 3 strikes out sort of deal. Disclaimer >> YMMV

I was just looking at the 97k’s and wow, So good looking. Then I saw this:

Weihrauch HW97KT .22 Special Edition with Red Laminate​

and I think I see my next bucket list item but damn it’s almost too pretty to touch…. Almost.

View attachment 474539
Everything is so expensive, least in my bubble. I really appreciate the used market and overall, AN forum members and classifieds have treated me with some nice recommendations, finds, and experiences. AoA, couple of my springers have come from their pre-owned and new inventory.