Other Too many springers

So....

A simple little question:

Who here has too many springers?
And if your answer is "yes", when did it hit you?

Keep in mind - I'm not Big Brother and this is just a hot stove conversation, not an interrogation. 👍
Its more like looking at The Five Stages of Springer Addiction. I'm thinking this would be #4...

#1. Introduction to Springers.
(The discovery phase)
#2. Acquisition of many Springers.
(Gunsmithing your own Springers)
#3. Acquisition of top quality Springers.
(Moovin' on up.....!)
#4. Realization of too many Springers.
(NEVER!! Never, I say...!!!)
#5. Acceptance/Dispersal of Springers.
(A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do)

Personally, I'm at Stage 2.5 and working hard to avoid 4 & 5...!

Last edited:
Firm stage 4 for me!

IMG_6345.JPG

Last edited:
So....

A simple little question:

Who here has too many springers?
And if your answer is "yes", when did it hit you?

Keep in mind - I'm not Big Brother and this is just a hot stove conversation, not an interrogation. 👍
Its more like looking at The Five Stages of Springer Addiction. I'm thinking this would be #4...

#1. Introduction to Springers.
(The discovery phase)
#2. Acquisition of many Springers.
(Gunsmithing your own Springers)
#3. Acquisition of top quality Springers.
(Moovin' on up.....!)
#4. Realization of too many Springers.
(NEVER!! Never, I say...!!!)
#5. Acceptance/Dispersal of Springers.
(A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do)

Personally, I'm at Stage 2.5 and working hard to avoid 4 & 5...!

The way I figure it, stage three is where it's at. There are several models and calibers still available but no physical storage space left. Technically I could start hanging them from the ceiling. I do not need all that vertical space after all.

As of this writing I have 21 springers, having had many more. I guess I'm on the verge of having too many springers, but working on the guns is half of the fun for me, and I have no spring gun that I didn't want to tinker with some more, and shoot for many tins of pellets. Also, my short list of further purchases is honestly just one or two guns, having purchased almost all of my dream springers. It's been this way for a good while, so I don't think this too shall pass.

I bought my first Weihrauch (an R7 in .177) about 15 or 16 years ago, and now own a total of 7 spring guns. This total has not changed for about 5 years. Collecting isn't my thing, and I don't like to own stuff that just sits around without being used. I shoot often enough to use all 7, but also feel like I'm at my ceiling and won't be adding any more unless one goes away.

My bigger concern is parts to keep these guns going over the long term. So if there is anything excessive in my spring gun habit, it would be my inventory of springs, seals and other parts.

R

Reactions: Bandito