Took a chance - bought a GX CS3

Definitely don't want water in the gun. 

Best instructions I've read and followed seem to be:

- Run the compressor for a short bit before closing the bleed screw.

- Once the compressor stops. Open the bleed screw and run it wide open for a minute or two to blow any water out. 

I did add some dessicant to the mini filter and have been monitoring it after a few runs. So far no change in color.

I'm using this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7OE6WK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bought it for my Altaros and having a gallon of the stuff figured I'd give it a try. I've read in the past you shouldn't let the dessicant touch the metal outside wall on a high pressure side filter - but this is more of an experiment. 

Just fill the f'ing gun already. ;) You're way overthinking this. I ran my CS3 for about 5 hours with no additional filtering and never really noticed any moisture around the fill nozzle. If you already have a Tuxing gold filter just stick it inline and fill.

Just a quick update. 23.5 hours on the compressor and still filling to 300 bar with no issues. Always run it for a bit before and after filling. 

GX3 still going - 1.1623249635.jpeg

Thanks everyone for this thread. I am getting ready to buy this compressor from New England Airgun (BTW great shop). I currently fill my FX Wildcat II and Airforce Condor with a tank and getting a little tired driving around trying to get the tank filled at the most inopportune times. I have zilcho experience with compressors of any type....

Ranger94

I've always wanted to hit NE Airgun and check them out. Maybe sometime this summer as I'm heading to the Cape.

I think you'll be happy with this compressor. I would ask for it to be opened in the store. They provide a QD dead plug with the compressor and there's actually instructions in the manual to hook up the dead plug, set the psi to 300 and make sure it fills up and auto shuts off. I would insist they do this (or let you) so you know you're getting a good one and not DOA.

I've always wanted to hit NE Airgun and check them out. Maybe sometime this summer as I'm heading to the Cape.

I think you'll be happy with this compressor. I would ask for it to be opened in the store. They provide a QD dead plug with the compressor and there's actually instructions in the manual to hook up the dead plug, set the psi to 300 and make sure it fills up and auto shuts off. I would insist they do this (or let you) so you know you're getting a good one and not DOA.

Thanks ctshooter! John & Zee at New England Airgun run a wonderful operation. I actually live in the Philadelphia, PA area, but travel to Boston about 1 week every other month, thus I always stop by there one of those nights I am in town. John would set the compressor up for me if I do decide to go that route.

Any tips or hints to improve it's performance?

Thanks ctshooter! John & Zee at New England Airgun run a wonderful operation. I actually live in the Philadelphia, PA area, but travel to Boston about 1 week every other month, thus I always stop by there one of those nights I am in town. John would set the compressor up for me if I do decide to go that route.

Any tips or hints to improve it's performance?

Hey - sorry I never answered your question. I don't know of any way to improve its performance - I still just do the run it a bit before and after each fill and I've been fine. I only fill guns. Tried to fill a 90 ci tank one time and even with taking breaks it was clearly a lot for this compressor to chug through. 

CTShooter - I offered to help Grandadmorgan with his pump problem, but he decided to take the return rather than twist a wrench on a new item. His call, but I do frown on people who must piss on another's decisions. I had the same issue with mine as grandadmorgan did, the pressure would not reach 1500 psi after the first session. There is a small grease catching check valve that often times needs a quick removal and wipe then re-inserted. In all, less than 5 mins for a one time fix to remedy the issue. I can point out the video and the time stamp where I learned the trick, or I could talk you through with or without pictures. Your call amigo.

Enjoy your pump, life is too short to worry about the little stuff. It is much more rewarding for me to find and fix little issues,

CTShooter - I offered to help Grandadmorgan with his pump problem, but he decided to take the return rather than twist a wrench on a new item. His call, but I do frown on people who must piss on another's decisions. I had the same issue with mine as grandadmorgan did, the pressure would not reach 1500 psi after the first session. There is a small grease catching check valve that often times needs a quick removal and wipe then re-inserted. In all, less than 5 mins for a one time fix to remedy the issue. I can point out the video and the time stamp where I learned the trick, or I could talk you through with or without pictures. Your call amigo.

Enjoy your pump, life is too short to worry about the little stuff. It is much more rewarding for me to find and fix little issues,
Would you mind sharing the video? Thanks!