Traditional rifles ...

I see everywhere when traditional rifles are mentioned, it is referred to rifles looking more like wood stock hunting rifles as we know from the 1900s era.

I would think traditional would rifle is more like old muskets and flintlock and caplock for PB and more like the first PCP air rifles like the Girandoni and other PCPs from that era. Even on AGN Traditional Airguns is referring to springers, but springers were invented much later than PCPs, so PCPs should be referred to as traditional and not springers.

But at the end it is just words.

I kinda figured traditional guns are not these looking like a buck Rogers, starwars, battle star galactic space cadet movie prop or some military assault type looking gun and have factory irons on them to shoot ..lol.. you know like 98.9876% of the pcp guns ..lol

Personal preference is for traditional-style rifles regardless the power plant. I consider ‘traditional’ to be a form factor, one that generally lends itself to aesthetics that resonate with me. Probably a generational thing.

On the other hand, not all ‘tactical-style’ rifles look like odd collections of pipes, rails and liter Coke bottles, though far too many do. The Daystate Alpha Wolf and BRK Ghost are examples of this form factor that also incorporate an appreciation for aesthetics. Form can certainly follow function but it doesn’t have to be ugly doing so.

I kinda figured traditional guns are not these looking like a buck Rogers, starwars, battle star galactic space cadet movie prop or some military assault type looking gun and have factory irons on them to shoot ..lol.. you know like 98.9876% of the pcp guns ..lol
so just curious, I must be looking for the wrong thing, long distance 22 PCP rifles.. airforce doesn't have the traditional look but honestly you said that 98% of PCP rifles have iron sights, I assume that means open sights.. like on my golden boy? last PCP rifle I bought was a hatsan blitz with a really hard trigger pull but at the time it was about all I could find with open sights.. if you are looking for open sights.. it's very hard to find..
you'd think that even very expensive guns like the FX DRS traditional walnut stock would have a option for open sights..
however most air rifles I look at only have scope mounts.. unless you look for springers like the Diana 54..
please if you know of any good quality long distance guns that look like I think we all agree are traditional with open sights.. let me know..
this open sights thing has almost done in my quest for PCP air guns.. actually thinking about the Diana 54.. had a 48 years ago and it was a good one..
just extremely frustrated with the lack of open sights..
Mark

Reactions: Bandito
It's for the ones looking like a Model 70 Winchester or a Model 700 Remington and so on . Things of beauty imo .

Remington
1727381688513.png

Winchester
1727381162162.png

so just curious, I must be looking for the wrong thing, long distance 22 PCP rifles.. airforce doesn't have the traditional look but honestly you said that 98% of PCP rifles have iron sights, I assume that means open sights.. like on my golden boy? last PCP rifle I bought was a hatsan blitz with a really hard trigger pull but at the time it was about all I could find with open sights.. if you are looking for open sights.. it's very hard to find..
you'd think that even very expensive guns like the FX DRS traditional walnut stock would have a option for open sights..
however most air rifles I look at only have scope mounts.. unless you look for springers like the Diana 54..
please if you know of any good quality long distance guns that look like I think we all agree are traditional with open sights.. let me know..
this open sights thing has almost done in my quest for PCP air guns.. actually thinking about the Diana 54.. had a 48 years ago and it was a good one..
just extremely frustrated with the lack of open sights..
Mark
No traditional has sights the crap don't .. that did kinda read funny above on that ..
A buying a gun without sights is like buying a car without a steering wheel.

I just prefer guns I can shot out of the box stand alone not having to buy extra to make it .. like a scope or compressor.

Poor ol hw 95 you just cock load shoot as is out of the box all day .. for example.