Traditional rifles ...

It's for the ones looking like a Model 70 Winchester or a Model 700 Remington and so on . Things of beauty imo .

Remington
View attachment 499617

Winchester
View attachment 499615
now it would be wonderful to see one like the Winchester 1895😊
closest I remember seeing is the mustang lobo..or CO2 legends lever action. but I'm not sure you can exactly consider the legend lever action a real air rifle..
Mark

I see everywhere when traditional rifles are mentioned, it is referred to rifles looking more like wood stock hunting rifles as we know from the 1900s era.

I would think traditional would rifle is more like old muskets and flintlock and caplock for PB and more like the first PCP air rifles like the Girandoni and other PCPs from that era. Even on AGN Traditional Airguns is referring to springers, but springers were invented much later than PCPs, so PCPs should be referred to as traditional and not springers.

But at the end it is just words.
When I first joined here this confused me too. I had never considered springers to be traditional because I'm from the US and traditionally they weren't common here, unless you were counting BB guns. When I thought of traditional air rifles I thought of Benjamins, Sheridans and wood stocked Crosmans. Sure, you could also throw in old British springers like a Webley Senior even though they weren't common here, but no way is a Gamo traditional.

Reactions: Bandito
now it would be wonderful to see one like the Winchester 1895😊
closest I remember seeing is the mustang lobo..or CO2 legends lever action. but I'm not sure you can exactly consider the legend lever action a real air rifle..
Mark
I like the Legends guns, but I'm not a big fan of BB's. It's just hard to enjoy shooting for more than 15 minutes with a gun that shoots minute of pop can at 10 yards.

No traditional has sights the crap don't .. that did kinda read funny above on that ..
A buying a gun without sights is like buying a car without a steering wheel.

I just prefer guns I can shot out of the box stand alone not having to buy extra to make it .. like a scope or compressor.

Poor ol hw 95 you just cock load shoot as is out of the box all day .. for example.
It would be nice if some of the AR types had flip up sights.

Reactions: Bandito
And lever action rifles. When I saw a new Winchester 9422 in a gun shop, I immediately bought it without knowing how it will shoot. It was expensive but I did not care, is was beautiful. That was 32 years ago and I still love that rifle. Plus, it is shooting 1moa and less at 100 meter.

Oh... you like lever-actions? Me too!

Lever-action AIRguns-

BB beetles.JPG

Green June beetles taken ON THE WING with the world's most iconic lever-action air rifle.

Sumatra carbine.jpg

I've taken feral hog and wildcats with this .22 Eun Jin Sumatra PCP.

Career 2.JPG

And other ungulates with this Shin Sung Career; and won bench-rest competitions with it.

AL-J Molly 1.JPG

This Filipino Al-J Molly 1 Co2 rifle looks like a lever-action, but isn't.

Scoped Terrano.JPG

The Pampanga Serrano is another faux lever-action from the Philippines.

LEVER-ACTIONS ROCK! (y)

That is like art, beautiful.
Like this:

View attachment 499635
Now that's getting close. I don't have picture now, but have a little Ruger #1a, the light sporter model, in 7x57, I think a 22" barrel, iron sights and a barrel band type front sling stud, also the Alex Henry style forearm. I lucked into that one at a gun show, years back. It looked like it had been road hard and put up wet. The stock finish was clouded and in spots missing down to bare wood. The metal was still in perfect condition no wear, rust ect. I got it for a pittance considering the stock condition. It took weeks to get that old finish off, lots of careful scraping and then fine sanding. It turned out to have some of the prettiest wood of any factory rifle I have.. It sports a small 1-5 Leupold scope in QD rings so I can have the benefit of open sights if I choose.