Trash panda down

Nice shot. I've got some trash pandas I need to do some work on too. Probably going to wait till I upgrade from my .22 flashpup though for a little more power.
Do a little work on that pup, and you can get into the 42 fpe range for 2 mags. I had one doing that with 21 grain cudas and it was a quiet hammer with the 10 baffle stack off ebay.

Do a little work on that pup, and you can get into the 42 fpe range for 2 mags. I had one doing that with 21 grain cudas and it was a quiet hammer with the 10 baffle stack off ebay.
I started a thread the other day asking for tuning recommendations. I'd be happy to learn anything you could help me with, or point me in a direction? I've seen some brothers in air videos but haven't watched them all. It's good info and I appreciate the effort he makes, but he takes awhile to get there.

My 13 stack off ebay gets here on the 8th!

Reactions: Bandito
I started a thread the other day asking for tuning recommendations. I'd be happy to learn anything you could help me with, or point me in a direction? I've seen some brothers in air videos but haven't watched them all. It's good info and I appreciate the effort he makes, but he takes awhile to get there.

My 13 stack off ebay gets here on the 8th!
Maybe it was 13 lol.

I also had a depinger kit in the air tube. It just had a click of the hammer hitting the valve pin.

I just did the usual mods. Opened up the valve port and throat, and opened up the barrel transfer port. I don't think I put a stiffer spring in it, just cranked up the one in it.

Hatsans can make some good power, but they get a bad rep from initial issues with new guns. That and alot of them are a little ugly and mostly plastic.

The flashpup and hydra have decent looks.

1000016145.jpg
Taken with my Hatsan FlashPup QE offhand at 30 yards with a Crossman Premier Hollow Point.

Attachments

• 20240910_130800.jpg
    20240910_130800.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: DougieFresh
View attachment 501193Taken with my Hatsan FlashPup QE offhand at 30 yards with a Crossman Premier Hollow Point.
Looks like a nice clean headshot. That's the most important part about hunting and that is shot placement. You can have all the power and it doesn't mean anything if you don't have good shot placement. I hit a coon going up a hill in the back and it went all the way through with a 108 grain boattail at 850 fps and that thing would not go down so I had to put another one in em.

Reactions: Pantanni
Maybe it was 13 lol.

I also had a depinger kit in the air tube. It just had a click of the hammer hitting the valve pin.

I just did the usual mods. Opened up the valve port and throat, and opened up the barrel transfer port. I don't think I put a stiffer spring in it, just cranked up the one in it.

Hatsans can make some good power, but they get a bad rep from initial issues with new guns. That and alot of them are a little ugly and mostly plastic.

The flashpup and hydra have decent looks.
I just ordered the Huma Regulator, should be here the 10th. Could you help me source a depinger kit? I did a Google search but only saw 1 international seller so far.

I just ordered the Huma Regulator, should be here the 10th. Could you help me source a depinger kit? I did a Google search but only saw 1 international seller so far.
The one i had came from an ebay seller. I'm not seeing the listing anymore.

All it was, was a piece of rubber with some vent holes in it to allow air flow. That was stuffed down inside the air tube.

You could try and source a piece that fits inside, or find a nylon bottle brush and cut that off the stem and stuff that in there. It'll work as well. Don't use any with a metal stem though, it will rust which is no bueno.

Reactions: Pantanni
I am getting a seemingly endless supply of trash pandas coming in the last couple of weeks. They destroyed my bird feeder, looks like a bomb went off inside it lol. I repaid them with around 10-11 kills in the last two or three weeks. I’ve never seen so many come out of the woodwork. My guess is my hunting of the coyotes drove them out for a while and let the only other large predatory animal in the woods flourish in their absence. Here’s some recent ones. I’m using 93grain NSA HPs at 920fps out of my Impact M3. I shoot with a Ronin + Extension for maximum stealth at night, and I have it topped with a pard Td-32 Multi Spectral Scope. (Pictured is with Atn xsight 5 that is now on my DRS).

This video is being processed and will be available for viewing shortly

IMG_5710.jpeg